Cafe Racer Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent new member-the boys are salty here but i like em already! My current handle is too long and references a bike i dont have.
I have a new bike and want to start a different project thread with new handle.
Can i keep all my profile info including new member registration email and just change handle or do i need to register again as new member?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
VBULLETIN MESSAGE
Our records show that you have already registered under the name of 69hondacb450k2. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here.

Admin- i just want to change my handle name but keep same email and password i registered with 69hondacb450k2. possible/not possible?-let me know. Thanks.

·
Administrator
205 Posts
Wait, did you create a 2nd account? I can merge the 2 together if you did, leaving whichever email and username in place that you prefer.

Kevin

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
The accounts to be merged are surfrider70 and 69hondacb450k2.

While you're doing that can you change DohcBikes to either squeegee or sprinkles (choice is yours) until he stops being a dick?

There should be a sticky somewhere to advise newcomers that once you have a "handle" people will crank you with it whenever they can.

crankhandle2-02.JPG

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Accounts merged under surfrider70.

Not going to antagonize the other guy by changing his name without his consent, though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAHA!
Man you guys dont skip a beat!
Thanks admin i re-registered and all is well, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

He chose a username that matched his bike. He sold/crashed/lost/retired said bike. He now wants a new user name not based on said bike. He didn't get a response earlier so he created a new account, with a different name.

Or so I'm guessing.
Nailed it......

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There should be a sticky somewhere to advise newcomers that once you have a "handle" people will crank you with it whenever they can.

ok smart guy what is the proper term?-Username?!-boring!
I refuse to use the term Avatar after that puke director of the worst movie ever made...

·
Administrator
319 Posts
For the record, it wasn't immediately obvious that surfrider had re-registered as surfrider. Once that was clarified, it was easy to combine the two accounts.

And, technically, a "handle" IS a username. But the use of "handle" wasn't the root of my confusion. And "avatar" is the universal term for an image associated with one's screen name, or "username". In that context, it has no relationship to any films, persons, or entities outside of the forum in which said avatar is used.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the record, it wasn't immediately obvious that surfrider had re-registered as surfrider. Once that was clarified, it was easy to combine the two accounts.

And, technically, a "handle" IS a username. But the use of "handle" wasn't the root of my confusion. And "avatar" is the universal term for an image associated with one's screen name, or "username". In that context, it has no relationship to any films, persons, or entities outside of the forum in which said avatar is used.
No worries thanks you can delete thread if you wish

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I'm sorry, you'll have to repeat that in terms your star members can comprehend.
Change it!! change it!! change it!! change it!! Start a poll... we'll vote between squeegee and sprinkles!!!

I think "name" is the best thing to use in terms of naming things.... Handle is reserved forever within the bounds of CB radio good buddy.

avatars can be changed twice a day but some stick with the ones they chose first time at the checkout.

·
Administrator
205 Posts
As this issue is resolved and as per WERA's post, this thread will be closed.

If you have any other issues, please start a thread and let us know.

Thanks,
- JB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.