Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for odds and ends for a mostly '70 cl350:

stock carbs (or mikunis if someone feels like getting them gone for cheap)

shocks (stock or comparable)

tank catch (bolt on type)

som other crap (550/500 front end, 750 inner fender, coils, etc.) if you have junk an want to get it away, let me know!

thanks guys

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dave, cut the tank holder off my old frame and reuse it. i have shocks. i hate you.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dave does not have racing money this season. perhaps next year. i'm still going over what i want to do with this thing anyway. i have plenty of projects to work on (like the 305, which has to take precedent), and i just want to sort this one out and beat the hell out of it around town for a while before i really start tearing into it. if it is of sound motor and frame, then life is good.
and why do you hate me joe? i thought you wanted to get rid of all spares? as much as you can say you don't want to be a go to guy, you know you have to love it a little...

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
just giving you shit. if i did in fact give you all my spares, merlin would hate you too!!!!

ill bring those shocks tomorrow and leave them on your bench. i actually have 2 sets of old ones, but one is nicer looking. but its missing the rubbers. but the other set has the rubbers. i was eyeballing them in my garage when i dug out that motor. hey, also, my old frame is always in my shop. just go in with a cutoff wheel and pull that bracket off of it. if it doesnt bolt up, we can weld it back on. or i can. or jen. or.....someone will.

yeah, as soon as you get the seals, and gaskets, we can put it back together. hey, also, youll need a tube of hondabond. or yamabond. to re-glue those cases back. i talked to some people and the cb450 carbs will work. we should pull that choke out, and reset those back up. oil change, timing, check the valveolas, and fire her up! woohoo! make sure when youre at the shop next time you check the gt550 out we got today. im actually looking forward to chasing a cb350 around the back county roads. curous to see how it fares against the mighty 550!

see you at the shop! i also want to talk to you about getting some ink. simple, nothing big. easy stuff. probably take 30 mins tops.

joe

i dont know shit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts