4,721 Posts
do you have any specific questions?

I have some hands on with those type "injectors"

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just out of curiosity....

Are they truly an injector? Have a fuel pump, pressurized fuel delivery? They must doesn't look like there's a bowl.

Do they have an idle, or low-speed curcuit?

Why haven't I ever seen them before? They're neat.

Do you also know MB? See in another thread you bought a 300. I'm planning to test drive a C230 Kompressor Saturday morning. Good car?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I think those are the Lake Injectors. I have never seen one in person nor do I know anything about them except I think they may have been a period mod for the XS650 as a flat tracker.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Lake, Posa, Star, whatever....... they are pure junk with zero performance gain (losses actually) and only trouble to go along with it

No fuel pump as it's merely a straight shot from the tank to the "injector"

this means they rely on fuel level in the tank which determines "head pressure"

this means that even on a drag bike the head pressure is high at the beginning of a run and lower at the end

backwards

so what do you do?

use a remote float bowl which means they then turn into a very crude flat slide carb with no idle circuit and merely a needle for most of your metering

I doubt you can even source various needles (different tapers/lengths) for them so unless you have a shop like mine and can make your own, you'd pretty much be stuck with whatever came with them...... main jet is no big deal since they can be soldered and drilled smaller or simply be drilled larger if need be

far better would be a two or three circuit tillitson type carb....... they actually come much closer to being an injector even without a fuel pump and can be set to "pop off" in the 9-15psi range so they can handle both gas or alky just fine

in conventional carbs....... a dellorto or weber is far better than most carbs

The late Jack Clifford spoke of them (in reference to webers/dellortos) as 'fuel injection without brains'

Reasonably MB and BMW fluent

Love the Kompressor cars....... great when you can find a real deal on a very loved one that still has low miles but various situations have the owner who has been able to afford to maintain it, wanting it gone

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Those are neat looking but get yourself a microsquirt and build your own true injection and get some actual performance..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts