Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i am new to the forum. i am in the market for a bike to make into a cafe racer. however, i haven't owned a motorcycle since i was a teenager racing dirt bikes. so i was hoping for some help from you guys.

i found this on craigslist: http://columbia.craigslist.org/mcy/261447937.html

is this an ok bike to work with. i haven't found out what all is missing yet but i noticed a few things by looking at the pictures. is this a reasonable price? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Travis

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am confident i can make repairs and im not worried about the money in the long run. i am worried about getting the parts. this is a project bike. i love making broke things run good again. at this time i own a 97 Jeep Wrangler and a Jeep Comanche. i do all the maintenance on them and the comanche needed tons of work done on it to make it road worthy. i am hoping that a bike will be easier because i don't need the room to do a complete tear down. thanks for the suggestions. i will pass on this one and look for something cheaper. the seller is dead set on 2K. i am not going to pay that much even though he said there should be enough parts to complete it in his garage for that price. the only thing he said was not there is an exhaust system. it would have been nice to start it at least before doing a complete rebuild or restore. thanks again to you all. i love this forum.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i decided not to buy it. he doesn't have an exhaust to fit it and has no idea if it runs. im skeptical of that for the price. i looked at another for 1500 and it was just rusty but ran somewhat shotty. he sold it to the first guy that looked at it. not a big deal i will probably buy a CB750 or keep looking for a triumph. thanks for the advice anyhow.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yea im in beaufort. i have done some investigations into the title deal. i don't thing it will much of a problem except for the price. it may cost a little out of pocket to get one. some states charge a butt load but some are cheap. i am not sure about sc though. thanks for the heads up on the bike. send me some pics to my email. thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.