Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a bike and it has a few problems i need help with.
The left signal works but the right just makes a beeping noise. any ideas what is wrong?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
No

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Rip them off. That's what arms are for. I can't wait till I can get a chance to rip all that crap off. Thank god my state doesn't require them cause they don't work anyways.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Hahahahaha... it beeps....
Could you have a wire crossed with your horn?

What they hell bike are we talking about? CBR999XRD Hyabuska Sport? XR100R? 1969 CB125 Twin?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

Hahahahaha... it beeps....
Could you have a wire crossed with your horn?

What they hell bike are we talking about? CBR999XRD Hyabuska Sport? XR100R? 1969 CB125 Twin?
that's awesome!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote: The beep is just a warning sound to let you know that your blinker fluid is low.
I never knew that. How often do you have to change that fluid. I have never changed mine.

·
Registered
699 Posts
unless you have LED's make sure you get the conventional blinker fluid. if you get the new synthetic which is specially blended for use with LED's you will cut your filament life to minutes instead of years. don't say you weren't warned.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
C'mon guys - give the kid a break

Sounds like you have something mis-wired in your headlight area, if you have a schematic of the bike (in your bike manual) the tracking of the problem will be pretty easy. I suspect you don't have a manual for your bike. For most bikes - all the wiring comes together in the headlight shell. Remove your headlight and track down where the blinker wires are connected to. You didn't mention if the winker not working is both on the left side or front or back.

The other item you could check for is a short of the left winker wire - but it's sounding like it's a mis-wire of the left winkers. If you don't have a manual for your bike, some manuals are available online for free - let us know what type of bike (and year) you have and may be someone here can point you to a manual.

Don't get to put-off, the guys here are just having a little fun at your expense, we only bark, we don't bite...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I couldn't help myself. Once, when I was in the Army, a couple guys had a new recruit (who had a mathematics degree, from Syracuse, incidentally) checking an M-1 tank for soft spots, with a hammer.

I'm still laughing over that one, and it happened 20 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts