Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Nice.

Congrats Geeto, you made the right choice. I hadn't followed this thread for awhile, but my earlier comment about my Bandit vs big twins etc...forget about it. I was in S.F. a couple weeks ago, got to ride my friend's '93 (I think) Ducati 888. That's all it took, the Bandit is going to go away, and it's time for a big twin. I doubt I can go for a Duc, but we'll see. I'll be patient and see what comes along.
Anyway, great choice and good luck with it. "Bella" would suit nicely.

FR

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I recently took a test ride on a Buell XB12R. I was surprised at how much I liked it. It has moved on to my short list along with the Ducati 800ss and the Suzuki SV1000 and 650 along with the Kawasaki 650. The Buell was pretty cool.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The buell was on my list also but I decided against it for too reasons. While it is tech geek cool, I don't like the straight styling of either bike. What I wanted was a xb12s lightning with a thunderbolt single seat racing tail and right away a bike I am looking to do paint and body work too is probably not something I will ever be happy with. Plus there is just something nice about saying "I own a ducati" that has a nice ring to it.

everybody who has seen the bike in person now has said how drop dead gorgeous it looks. I also take solace in the fact that I have yet to see another one on the road anywhere.

I've had bikes that turn heads before, but I have never had a bike that elicits slack jawed stares and complete loss of vocabulary.

Edited by - geeto67 on Sep 15 2007 6:48:33 PM

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
If you want a great big twin for short money, look for a used Honda VTR1000. Not great racebikes, but they make great streetbikes.

And can be had cheaply these days.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
quote:
is there any after market muffs that are undertail, or less clunky looking?

tex
I have the Termigoni Kit on order. The mufflers are 1/2 the size of the stockers and look and sound killer. They also come with a new ECU and airbox.

Here is a pic of the termi's I am getting on another bike (I snagged this pic from the ducati board):

and of course after I plunk down the money someone comes out with replica conti's:

http://www.keihan.co.uk/

here is a site showing the different sportclassic exhaust systems:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bevelbob/sets/72057594119186965/

Kerry, Thanks for the compliment. I wasn't worried about the resale of any new bike I was going to buy, I plan on keeping this bike for at least 20 years, or whenever fossil fuel runs out. Buells really are nice bikes, and that new butax is supposed to be hawt.

Edited by - geeto67 on Sep 19 2007 12:56:56 PM

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
the termis are MUCH better, but i feel you geet as those contis, one per side, are SWEETNESS!

you are a happy dude! congrats!

texy

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
buells don't break nicely either! i can't tell you how many frames cracked and were totaled at the headstock when we ran them with teampromotion.

torquey suckers, and fun to run.

texy

61 - 74 of 74 Posts