Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just keep looking at Duc and say man you guys have it down cafe and sleek sport bike style.Then I look at the new BWMs and say god damn thats ugly...every bike they make, looks like a drunken, spaceage, cake decorator, didnt know when to stop.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
194 Posts
why look at any new bikes except for the superduke? ok, maybe some triumphs and i like the derbi line ups as well as the voxans. ok, some guzzi and cagiva shit too.. but really, there isn't much in the new bike market to actually go to a dealership and look at much less drop some cashmoneyhoney on. superduke would probably be the only one i would.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Just took a blast down the mountain moments ago on a 2007 Yam R1.... a beautiful experience. I love brandy new sport bikes.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
That are R1 has got to be SICK!!! No thanks!! Can't afford any more visits to the court house!!

JS

·
Registered
453 Posts
well i'm kind of partial to my new 06' k1200 r. amazing how much your insurance drops when you turn 40 lol.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I was quite surprised by the R1, very refined compared to my RC51, they make a lot of progress in 7 years. It felt very stable at the speeds I was going...averaged about 80mph, hit about 105 at one point. Problem is just cruising at a relaxed pace....look down, 84mph...and this was on a two lane winding country road.
It felt considerably lighter and more nimble than the RC. I could tell immediately that ME on an R1 would outrun ME on an RC no problem. Not that I'd ever have the skill to push one of these bikes anywhere close to their limit.
I did wear off the "chicken strips" for the owner though :)
JohnnyB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts