Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Tank is from a CX500D, not custom. It does have increased capacity over stock. Rear shocks are from a CB750F/900F, and they are ~2" longer than stock, which is why the rear end is raised.

I don't have the side covers.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Tank is from a CX500D, not custom. It does have increased capacity over stock. Rear shocks are from a CB750F/900F, and they are ~2" longer than stock, which is why the rear end is raised.

I don't have the side covers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, didn't realize that was already mentioned in the previous posts.

I also saw that the cx tank is 3-4 inches longer. Did you do have to do any welding to to fit the tank on the frame?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, didn't realize that was already mentioned in the previous posts.

I also saw that the cx tank is 3-4 inches longer. Did you do have to do any welding to to fit the tank on the frame?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
No welding. Up front used all-thread and lock nuts for the mount, in the back I trimmed the tank mount tab down, drilled a hole in the right place of said tab, cut the seat pan down and reglued the upholstery.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
No welding. Up front used all-thread and lock nuts for the mount, in the back I trimmed the tank mount tab down, drilled a hole in the right place of said tab, cut the seat pan down and reglued the upholstery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man, great build.
really like how that cx tank looks.
Did you say you got the seat like that or you modified it? It looks a lot like what i want to do with my 81 CM400 C seat.
thanks

101 - 107 of 107 Posts