Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi Guys,
this is my total rebuild Yamaha xv750 from 1981.
As you can see its changed a lot.
Almst an top speed of 190KMPH very sharp steering an poor brakes, simply love it to ride.
Braking in time, is again and again mindblowing f...... exciting.
Hope you enjoy the pics as i enjoy the bike.
Greetings from holland.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
really needs at least 230........ maybe 480..... series tires front and rear and I'd like that even better if they were full fledged knobbies or maybe some of those three ribbed types found on the front of farm tractors

short of that maybe roll it on a couple barrels robbed off pavement roller

nice work though and neat bike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hackasaw,
I did try those tires hahahah but found out that parking them was hard, because the bike fell from right to left and that al over again.
Greetings
Engelbert

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
engelbert,

sweet ride. i'm coming over next week for the grand prix. it would be killer to see you and that awesome weapon cruise/blast by.

cheers and welcome

tex from philly

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi texmawby

This weekend is my bike to be photographed by the photographer of BIG Twin in the Netherlands. so Sunday is not possible for me. But if youre near Enschede you can come and visit us. We are planning a berbeque.
So if youre up to it.......

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice ride!

Care to give a few build details?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Swagger

Thanks for youre reaction.
Its a model XV750 from Yamaha.
The tank has been altered, cut in length aswel in width.
The position of it was placed more horizontally.
The front suspension was cut in length.
A rear wheel cam in front, some adjustustments with the axle.And brakes had to bee made.
The subframe was remooved and placed back altered. The hydraulic suspension from the rear has moved to the right side of the bike.
All electrics had been cleared out and replaced, just the things that you legally need in the Netherlands were placed back.
What i like the most about the bike is that the optic match between the big tires the massive looking motor and the very thin tale, are all in line with another.
Right now there are attemps to make in a new project a 150 ore 170 rear tire.
Hope it will fit one way or the other.
Greetings,
Engelbert

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I thought that looked like a rear wheel up front.
Anymore pictures? I'd love to see the other side..

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I thought so too and I think I'd run a cable to it off the rear's linkage that was somewhat progressive and perhaps adjustable

or better yet just run the drums on both ends....... my guess is that would be a bit scary but fun

why not if it's there?

seems like an awful lot of trouble just to put a much heavier front wheel, tire, and brake assembly on those fork tubes

what diameter are they anyhow?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've never been a fan of those pinwheeled yamahas, but that is about the best thing that could have happened to a xv750, short of dirt track bars, maxxis DT tires and number plates. hmmmmm
Cool Bike Engelbert.
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
699 Posts
i love it man, don't listen to the naysayers. i have the same size front and rear on my bike too, just not as big as you did. i absolutely love it, awesome build. i would happily trade you my yamaha. anyway, is the XV750 not the "Vision" that we got in the states?? just a question. again, great build, beautiful

·
Registered
699 Posts
i love it man, don't listen to the naysayers. i have the same size front and rear on my bike too, just not as big as you did. i absolutely love it, awesome build. i would happily trade you my yamaha. anyway, is the XV750 not the "Vision" that we got in the states?? just a question. again, great build, beautiful

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I think the rest of the bike looks great.

BUT, isn't the "look" of "cafe racers" at it's very basis an aesthetic of performance? Sure, the old form before function goes out the window when you just want it to 'look' the part, but it doesn't portray the image or even LOOK fast. Boat anchors, balloons, tractor tires. If you want a bobber/ chopper just build one. With that off my chest I'll say it looks like it would be a blast to ride with some real motorcycle tires on it. And I have to think it'll go faster than 190km/h, that's only 119mph. Not much faster than a bone stock cb750 or even cb450. I'm sure it has more to give.

Somebody had to say it.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I think the rest of the bike looks great.

BUT, isn't the "look" of "cafe racers" at it's very basis an aesthetic of performance? Sure, the old form before function goes out the window when you just want it to 'look' the part, but it doesn't portray the image or even LOOK fast. Boat anchors, balloons, tractor tires. If you want a bobber/ chopper just build one. With that off my chest I'll say it looks like it would be a blast to ride with some real motorcycle tires on it. And I have to think it'll go faster than 190km/h, that's only 119mph. Not much faster than a bone stock cb750 or even cb450. I'm sure it has more to give.

Somebody had to say it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ouch rosko!! ok, so maybe it isnt 100% cafe, but you can't deny that it doesnt look really awesome. that bike is just plain awesome looking!! it looks plenty fast to me, but 119mph is kinda weak to be bragging about speed, though faster than i need to be traveling on the road.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ouch rosko!! ok, so maybe it isnt 100% cafe, but you can't deny that it doesnt look really awesome. that bike is just plain awesome looking!! it looks plenty fast to me, but 119mph is kinda weak to be bragging about speed, though faster than i need to be traveling on the road.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts