Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
that's either a really big front wheel or small back wheel. either way, it looks like arse. if that's what they build, they might as well go to the bank, get a bag full of cash, bonfire it and save a lot of people a lot of agro and embarrasment.

wonder if they made one in a similar style of the re650 it'd sell? just a normal bike like the original 57 sportster was. possibly not normal for the people who will walk into a dealership, and also for the sales staff who won't want to try to sell them.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Not really bad at all. Would even be interested in it.

Currently Harley makes ZERO things I would ever think about owning. I feel I am not alone.
As the boomers die off, or go broke....Harley will have to think of something.

·
Registered
773 Posts
that was bmw 10 years ago. then they built a sports bike just like the japanese make, and away they went.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Not really bad at all. Would even be interested in it.

Currently Harley makes ZERO things I would ever think about owning. I feel I am not alone.
As the boomers die off, or go broke....Harley will have to think of something.
It still looks like a heavy lump too me.

You can see the boomers dropping out in the sales from the last 5 years. Continual drop, last year being the worst. The entire rise from the ashes of Harley was propelled by boomers wanting to play dress up and the next cohort don't want to be McQueen, Dean, Brando or Fonda. They have been able to build the same crap for decades because their buyers wanted to feel like they were on old clunkers. Give it 10 years used Harley's will be a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It's almost like Hardley is trying ANYTHING to regain market share, but until they figure out how to build a bike that even a trust funder would have to justify paying for, their going to continue taking on water.

·
Registered
773 Posts
plus their brand name, while strong in the cruiser area amongst the cruiser folk, is somewhat comedic elsewhere due to lack of tech and general motorcycle like ability. bmw pulled people to the s1000rr because it was a bloody good bike. like ducati have sold a shitload of mts1200 because it's a bloody good bike.

harley need to build something that stands in its particular niche on it's feet. but they also have to get their dealers to accept selling it, which it seems was a real issue with the buells from what people say. how are good old boys with no experience going to sell adventure bikes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts