Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new fork brace in from RSW Racing (http://www.rswracing.com/). It is super clean/simple, well made, and looks awesome. And it was extremely reasonably priced.

And here are a few more pics of the bike. You can see the Ghosted Yamaha racing stripes on the side of the seat/tank better in these pics than the first pics I posted (These are the photos I posted originally on an intro thread with several more detail shots added to the mix).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tggorton/sets/72157627634956260/

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Can’t you find a better place to secure that cable tie strapped to the fork?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Can’t you find a better place to secure that cable tie strapped to the fork?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
brace looks kinda thin at the bridge part, could just be the photos though. From this angle it looks like the brace is touching the tire.

I hate ghost anything but the yamaha racing stripes are a nice touch. The giant tuning fork logo on the top of the tank is a little gaudy to me.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
brace looks kinda thin at the bridge part, could just be the photos though. From this angle it looks like the brace is touching the tire.

I hate ghost anything but the yamaha racing stripes are a nice touch. The giant tuning fork logo on the top of the tank is a little gaudy to me.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It is a good price.
I machined one from billet for CB360, probably cost me closer to $250.00
I made it in 5 pieces so it could be fitted easily and adjusted slightly if needed (Don't have CNC so had to do it all by hand)
Part machined</u>

Finished</u>

MkI and MKIII, you have to remove forks from yokes to fit MKI

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It is a good price.
I made it in 5 pieces so it could be fitted easily and adjusted slightly if needed (Don't have CNC so had to do it all by hand)
Part machined</u>

Finished</u>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yours looks great. Nice job. You paid more, but you get the whole "I made this myself" pride side of it, and there is a lot to say about that.

quote:Originally posted by crazypj

It is a good price.
Part machined</u>

Finished</u>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yours looks great. Nice job. You paid more, but you get the whole "I made this myself" pride side of it, and there is a lot to say about that.

It is a good price.
Part machined</u>

Finished</u>

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Catboy, they take too long to make to be reasonably priced.
As I said in my first post, probably $250.00 would be a reasonable price (took about 14-16 hrs machining as far as I remember, plus material cost)
If I could make them for about $125.00, they would be on the market [:I]
I could probably make the MK I version a little cheaper as it uses thinner material (7/8" instead of 2")
If I was buying material by the ton instead of 2ft at a time, it would bring down cost
You need CNC to use that much material though

·
Registered
306 Posts
pj- if you knew you could sell a ton of them, it seems the best way would be to have the clamps cast, and waterjet cut the spacer. of course, initial set-up costs would be crazy high, but after that you could make lots and lots, fast and cheap.

·
Registered
211 Posts

It is a good price.
Part machined</u>

Finished</u>

\

Very nice work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, looks nice. How much of a difference does a brace like that make? Thinking about machining one for my GS...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts