Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
last winter you were milling your own heads. now this.

thats pretty cool frank. i wish i had that kind of ability.

jc

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
atkins diet frank. if you lose 17lbs the frame will weigh zero.

awesome stuff!

texy

·
Registered
434 Posts
Believe it or not, they used to put acid in frames to lighten them back in the days of Class C racing when you had to run stock frames. I put acid in me once, was gone for 24 hours.

Dgy

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
17 lbs? That's like 3 lbs lighter than a stock CB160 frame. What the heck did you make it out of? Lead? Is that swingarm pivot solid bar stock? :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must have pushed the wrong button.
Kevin says the Ducati GP frame even uses smaller tubes but I like the massive look.
BTW It's not strickly legal as it's not really a copy of something from the 60's.
I expect to be protested as soon as I win 200GP with a 125! Or maybe even 250GP.

FC

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
FFFFFFFRANK,
Looks legal to me. It will be interesting to see how fast you can make it go. A rotary valve two stroke should be able to make some good power. Of course...no matter how fast it is...it's still you riding...I got no worries.
Aaron will be picking up another trophy for me at next years banquet :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
>>>>>>Kevin says the Ducati GP frame even uses smaller tubes but I like the massive look.
BTW It's not strickly legal as it's not really a copy of something from the 60's.
I expect to be protested as soon as I win 200GP with a 125! Or maybe even 250GP.<<<<<

Flippin Cheater. I'll tell you what camelhumphairy, i'll sit out a season so you don't have to be so stressed out and build a stupid cheater, you are just gonna crash it anyway so I say we all come down to your shop and beat on it with sledge hammers.

Champ

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I thought it just had to be made from the same materials used in the day but the look had to be in the spirit of the era... looks legal to me.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
frank
looks legal to me too...until you toast me. then i'll protest your hairy ass (or did the hair fall out there) until i get justice.
parks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
and another thing...
fisrt there was a "philturco", then came the "jonda", now there's a yamahairy". this "GP" class has sure gone crazy!
parks....again

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
And I'm now working on the Duconda....just to piss off the purists. Seriously...I may actually put a Honda sticker on the thank.
JohnnyB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts