Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new garage crew member.

She's quiet for now, but can make more noise than an unbaffled Yosh pipe!

This is Jillian Emily. Came in at 9 lbs! Her brother and sister are as excited can be to have a baby sister.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Congrats.

I just got one of those 7 weeks ago----first Grandchild! I get to give her back when she cries or needs a "change".

I especailly liked the note a friend put on a card-" it is amazing how someone you didn't even know 10 minutes ago has become the center of your life".

Enjoy her, they DO grow up really fast!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:raise her with a stiff upper lip British accent for your own amusement and her embarresment later in life
I tried to get my daughter to call her mother "Mum" when she was learning to speak, but it was a lost cause (their fat mother is a thoroughly American "Mom"... not that there's anything wrong with that). She did, however, decide entirely on her own, that I was not "Dad", and began calling me "Papa" over my vehement protestations... and her brothers have followed suit. All 3 are at an age where the opinions of their peers demand more & more consideration, and I expect they refer to me, in the company of their friends, as Dad, but at home I remain Papa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Nice, BCR. I knew this one was not the first, because of his CB450 build thread (which I re-read in it's entirety last night, just to know for sure), but to be perfectly honest, he's a stranger I met once. Good for you to know she's the third kid (Borz, you've caught up to me - oldest is a son & 2 younger sisters? Mine are an eldest girl & 2 younger brothers).

P.S. Steal as many of those hospital blankets for her & hold on to them until she's old enough to appreciate what a cool dad you were when she was born. That's one of the first thoughts I had when I saw the photo, but didn't know quite how to put it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts