Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings from cleveland, ohio. i had a couple seats recovered here in clevo, and thought i'd share. i was looking at fiberglass bump seats and other custom cafe pans, but wasn't really interested in fabricating a new frame or shelling out the cash for a big money custom for a couple rat bikes. so i took a corsa racing seat off of one of my scooters (my first love being vintage vespas & lambrettas) and took it to the local upholstery guy with my o.g. cb seat pans.

one week later, and a c-note each, this is what i got:

if i did it again, i'd probably cut it down a little lower in the front end, but am extremely happy with the quality and fit, plus it's a complete bolt on using the existing pan.

now to save my first post from being complete spam, i'll post contact info for the dude if you guys want, but don't want to be a jerk my first day here. thanks for looking, and i look forward to hanging out here.

cheers,
stefan

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Nice, I think six more inches of padding would make them perfect

I have been forbidden from engaging in 'welcome committee' activites sooooo....

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

I have been forbidden from engaging in 'welcome committee' activites sooooo....

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Knee dent hammer. It needs to be sent. We need your bio to steal your information, steal your identity, and start selling cheap Nigerian products under your name.

Now hop to it, fresh meat.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Knee dent hammer. It needs to be sent. We need your bio to steal your information, steal your identity, and start selling cheap Nigerian products under your name.

Now hop to it, fresh meat.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Fill it out. You don't have to give accurate info.

I didn't...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Fill it out. You don't have to give accurate info.

I didn't...

·
Registered
692 Posts
What's going on with that seat . Looks pretty bloated.

·
Registered
692 Posts
What's going on with that seat . Looks pretty bloated.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i always welcome new members by coming over to your house and laying a deuce on your doorstep after i deliver the ceremonial kneedent hammer and caferacer.net authorized clubman bars.

just do it....ignorance is bliss.

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i always welcome new members by coming over to your house and laying a deuce on your doorstep after i deliver the ceremonial kneedent hammer and caferacer.net authorized clubman bars.

just do it....ignorance is bliss.

tex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

yeah, yeah, i get it. i understand they look a little retarded, but you get the idea. like i said, if i did it over again i'd definitely cut it down more, but i think the guy just went off of my o.g. profile and it fell where it did. not a huge deal for now because these bikes are daily drivers, and the extra padding is kinda nice.

i also get that cafe bikes are the new hotness, and every jackass out there like me is picking up a cb, throwing drops and a can of flat black, and wants to be part of the club. i'm aware that there's people out there that are british bike purists, and laugh at jap cafe bikes. i could give a shit either way. i frankly like small displacement motors, old shitty bikes, and wrenching, riding, and partying with those that do the same.

if there's a source out there for custom cut and sewn finished seats for a hundred bucks, i'm all ears. i'll probably need another one here shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

yeah, yeah, i get it. i understand they look a little retarded, but you get the idea. like i said, if i did it over again i'd definitely cut it down more, but i think the guy just went off of my o.g. profile and it fell where it did. not a huge deal for now because these bikes are daily drivers, and the extra padding is kinda nice.

i also get that cafe bikes are the new hotness, and every jackass out there like me is picking up a cb, throwing drops and a can of flat black, and wants to be part of the club. i'm aware that there's people out there that are british bike purists, and laugh at jap cafe bikes. i could give a shit either way. i frankly like small displacement motors, old shitty bikes, and wrenching, riding, and partying with those that do the same.

if there's a source out there for custom cut and sewn finished seats for a hundred bucks, i'm all ears. i'll probably need another one here shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
if cafe is the new hotness then you're the fresh fish.

on a more serious note, you should talk to girlnamedgo here on this board. she does seat covering, and a nice job, too. I suspect she can take what you have and re-shape it for you.

just so you don't think that we're only like this to new guys, here's a pic of Geeto for you:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts