Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a custom bike builder from Dexter, MI and Late last year I purchased a 74' CL360. The bike was close to perfect original condition besides for a couple of blemishes on the tank and some surface rust. It had no missing parts! Well as of now I have cut the stock subframe from the bike and fabricated my own, making provisions for the CBR600RR tail section. I have laid the shocks down to a 35deg. angle which may prove to be a little soft but I have a plan in mind.
I'm using a gas tank off of an early 80's Suzuki 1100 and currently in the process of making my own exhaust. The clipons are of my own design and the controls are from a HD Sportster. I have access to a dyno when it comes time to tune the engine / exhaust, but I'm not sure what kind of engine mods can be done. I'll send an updated pic soon.

Hope you like it,
Anythingillegal

If you build it they will ride.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you sound like a perfect match for blownr6!! and yeah, get some pics up!!

jc

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I am not sure if there are a lot of engine parts available for the 360. I think you might be able to find a small selection of cams and pistons. If you are making pipes for it and have access to a dyno too then I have heard that there are substantial differences between a 2-1 and a 2-2 system and where the power is going to be. I would definately go with a set of Mikuni slide needle carbs to replace the CVs that came stock and would do a little cleaning up in the head. I like the idea of a subframe and modern seat tail section. Have you considered a mono-shock? That might really clean up the rear end and leave some room for some interesting exhaust configurations.
Some pics would be cool.
Ken(the tool)

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I approve of your location, anyway! I'm a lonely guy in Brighton (read: no Harley)! Not too many of us in these parts. And I have a cb360! Good roads in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you can run the same big intake valve the 350's use. run the stock exhaust valve. megacycle i think used to have a cam for it. one of them had a 6speed box. mike o knows alot more about them.

jc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts