Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greetings, and congratulations on your project progress! I am also working on a few Yamaha XV's, one chain and one shaft driven.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
@turbodog: Nice one! Like the look of the cut rear frame part around the shock!

Anyway: NOt much time, but finished some of the main things.

Placed my mufflers alongside the seat.
Have everything ready welded.
Brought everything to the painter.
Now going to make a whole new electrical wiring as the old one was found to be damaged after dismantling engine and frame assembly.

Rear rim has to be polished, some smaller laser cut parts to be ordered...

Unfortuantely I can't upload any pics anymore from my office....

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks pretty nice man! I love the rearset you got on there, did you actually made it yourself? whereabout in germany do you live?

carry on the good work mate!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks pretty nice man! I love the rearset you got on there, did you actually made it yourself? whereabout in germany do you live?

carry on the good work mate!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hey, Schavuyth!

Yes, I made the rearsets myself, starting with some laser cutted parts, which I made the drawings for.
I then welded them and did some smaller mods and acutally they are going to be ready grinded and polished for finishing.

I come from Oldenburg, which you probably know as you come from the netherlands?

Where do you come from?
Me and my family have been several times on holiday in Makkum at the Ijsselmeer....

:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hey, Schavuyth!

Yes, I made the rearsets myself, starting with some laser cutted parts, which I made the drawings for.
I then welded them and did some smaller mods and acutally they are going to be ready grinded and polished for finishing.

I come from Oldenburg, which you probably know as you come from the netherlands?

Where do you come from?
Me and my family have been several times on holiday in Makkum at the Ijsselmeer....

:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
nice work man! Pretty smart of you to have them laser cut! I myself live near hoorn, thats the other side of the ijsselmeer;) take care an good luck with your bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Chris,

I was wondering where you got your seat?
Did you get it by kickstarterclassics.de and is it the
RACER-SITZ/Solo SEAT Yamaha SRX 600 SRX6 SRX-6 ?

Because i'm also building a racer from an XV750se '81.
Almost there, except the seat. But the one on your bike looks awesome.
Hope you can help me out with an adress where to get one.

Thanks, Julius

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Long time no see....

Moved to another house meanwhile. Now got everything sorted out and begun again assembling this long-term-project... Well during these months anyone else would have finished 35 projects....

Anyway.

Engine, Frontend, Backbone, swingarm and rearwheel are assembled. Just a couple of hours and it is standing on its own side stand again....
Racer1.jpg

All the best!

Christian

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Hello Chris,

I was wondering where you got your seat?
Did you get it by kickstarterclassics.de and is it the
RACER-SITZ/Solo SEAT Yamaha SRX 600 SRX6 SRX-6 ?

Because i'm also building a racer from an XV750se '81.
Almost there, except the seat. But the one on your bike looks awesome.
Hope you can help me out with an adress where to get one.

Thanks, Julius
Hey, julius!

I know, this is far away from a quick reply, but if it is still interesting: YES, it is right away the mentioned seat from Kickstarterclassics.de. I cut the hole for the rear light on my own. everything else was fine. Except for some differences in the measures (the seat is not reall 100 % mirrored when loocking from the top...)

Christian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great!!! Im looking to buy a xv920 midnight now and yout projecte inspired me!
Any updates? .... Dou think to change tires front to rear? I mean look more racer bike...

Regards

101 - 111 of 111 Posts