Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been lurking around for a bit and must say I have found some usefull info here.
I will keep this short and sweet..
I paint motorcycles for a living,also do sales work for a custom shop that builds mostly jap chops but I will keep that outta here..
Recently picked up a cj360 in hopes it would get the wife interested in riding,and it did.
Luckly for me she doesn't do things half assed and want to put together a nice little bike for herself.
Still in the planning stages,well and teaching her to ride it,which she is doing quite well at.
Her plan includes a hand fabbed ALU tank and small tailsection,some sort of clip on styled bars,blacked out motor,bobbed frontfender,etc..
The build is gonna be a complete tear down and rebuild except for the motor as it was recently redone by the PO.
so enough about that heres her bike as it now sits..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome abord Sure. from the same Durgam in Bobbertalk. great start for a build and it sounds like your wife knows what she wants. Never seen that before....odd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
onesojourner,
I don't think I know what you mean..mind explaining what I may get freaked out on?
Not here to make waves just to learn and show..

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you've been lurking for some time, you'd know that filling out your bio is the first thing to do before starting a post unless ya wanna get egged on. These guys like to know who they are talking with.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
well, mostly its tex! but filling out your bio helps us know what you are capable of as far as skills a lot of times. it also lets others know where you are in case you need help, they need help, or they just want to come steal your beer.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I dig the CJ360, that was my first purely street bike back in high-school. Lots and LOTS of weight can be stripped off which will help performance a bit. The stock suspension is not too good but there's enough knowledge here to get it tuned up for you but in short, springs, fresh oil and cartridge emulators up front and any new decent quality shocks will help a ton. A fork brace is also a good idea. Dump that exhaust as soon as possible as it's heavy but worse that 'collector' is huge and WILL ground out in a corner. Had my first highside because of that....not fun. The stock carbs are in my opinion junk too. VM series Mikunis are far superior....

Great first bike though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the pink one is my daily rider..
Swagger, the carbs have been changed,airbox eliminated,and wiring all cleaned up.
Is it true that a cb750 dual disk frontend is a direct swap?

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
sure,

welcome and thanks for filling out your bio. i have a CJ that i will be parting out probably in the next few weeks since NO ONE seemed interested in taking the whole thing. funny, how you have to go a few extra steps in parting something but the total return ($$$) is double or triple of what you were asking for the whole thing. regardless, here is a pic of my CJ.

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
sure,

welcome and thanks for filling out your bio. i have a CJ that i will be parting out probably in the next few weeks since NO ONE seemed interested in taking the whole thing. funny, how you have to go a few extra steps in parting something but the total return ($$$) is double or triple of what you were asking for the whole thing. regardless, here is a pic of my CJ.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I like that 360 Tex. To bad you're so far away (and me with no job). I even have a set of carbs for it. I think I'll be interested in some bits when (if) you part it out.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I like that 360 Tex. To bad you're so far away (and me with no job). I even have a set of carbs for it. I think I'll be interested in some bits when (if) you part it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tex,
nice bike..I can't believe no one would buy it...
I would be interest in some items off it also..like the headlight and frontend..
let me know when you tear it down and how mush you'd be looking to get out of those parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tex,
nice bike..I can't believe no one would buy it...
I would be interest in some items off it also..like the headlight and frontend..
let me know when you tear it down and how mush you'd be looking to get out of those parts.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
judey and sure,

i'll get on disassembly in a few weeks, as i got the same chinese puzzle going on here that i did in my last place.....you gotta move 50 things to work on 1.

i want to sell it whole or part it just to make it go away or get smaller.

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
judey and sure,

i'll get on disassembly in a few weeks, as i got the same chinese puzzle going on here that i did in my last place.....you gotta move 50 things to work on 1.

i want to sell it whole or part it just to make it go away or get smaller.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the front end is a nearly a direct swap. some little things here and there....but nothing big. bar wiring could an issue.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the front end is a nearly a direct swap. some little things here and there....but nothing big. bar wiring could an issue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts