Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Updated pics over in the Project/Build thread. I'm having an absolute blast with it. Not doing anything else with it except for routine maintenance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I’ve been away for quite a while. Moved to a different state, had our first kid... boy does time fly! The R3 sat in the garage for a good year with just a very occasional short ride squeezed in.

I came across a local guy that is very well known in these parts (northern Michigan), for working on old Japanese bikes. I also believe he has a great reputation across the entire country, if I’m not mistaken. I was looking for some input after having a very low-speed drop last spring in some sandy runoff. I ultimately decided to do a full restore on it. ETA for completion is May of this year. More to come...

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Highly recommend you get a dirt bike and do all your crashing on that,
crashing on the street really sucks and it is always expensive, don't do that if you can possibly help it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yep. I’m a very experienced rider too. First time I’ve ever dropped a bike on the road. Disappointing, but the damage was seemingly pretty minor. I got the best guy on it though.

And I now have a TW200 for crashing on. Haha.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts