Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
78 Comstar's, 78' SS Magura front disc brakes, and YES that 5 gallon tank was made for the Isle Of Man TT. The thickness was also increased to meet race spec because they were fiberglass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'll add this as well...the tank size was increase do to the Mountain Course being so long and needing to make several laps to get their average time was decreased with fewer fuel stops. Oh and that particular tank actually came off a Norton, still has the Norton flip top gas cap as well, cheers!

Edited by - westtexasrocker on Apr 17 2007 09:35:35 AM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'll add this as well...the tank size was increase do to the Mountain Course being so long and needing to make several laps to get their average time was decreased with fewer fuel stops. Oh and that particular tank actually came off a Norton, still has the Norton flip top gas cap as well, cheers!

Edited by - westtexasrocker on Apr 17 2007 09:35:35 AM

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
would love to hear more about the 125 race bike.
im building one too and could use a point in the righ way for "hot" parts and what not

btw very cool bikes that you built

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the welcome guys. That is a CB550/4 in that 3rd pic. That was the early stages of that build. It's complete now, but I actually just sold it too. I just loved the bike, but needed room for the BSA. I'm stuck now with my 125cc race bike plans. I have 2 different bikes to choose from now as yesterday I talked to a guy here in town that has a perfect running Yamaha 125cc AS1 2 stroke for only $500! They used to race these in GP back in the 60's and it was an early predecessor to the famous TZ 2 strokers. I've seen some pics of what this bike could look like that I googled and I'm really leaning this way now over the CB125.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
We need a freakin Cafe club in our town.
I can see myself hanging out with those guys.

Maybe I'll cafe the Duc basket case.

JohnnyB

21 - 29 of 29 Posts