Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Some updates...

Got the headlight tabs in the mail, so I got them mounted and put my cool $15.00 Magura clip-on bars on too ;D

My tires are on back-order (well, one is at least) but it should be in by Friday.

started doing some body work on the tank as well - still lots to do before it's ready for paint.

anyways, pics below:

· Registered
388 Posts
Cool!

Those valve adjuster nuts look crappier than I remember. I think I have some nice ones, be sure and remind me to bring them over when you're ready to get that sucker started.

I still can't figure out what the PO did to the motor to break the case like that...

· Registered
2 Posts
For the muffler try looking at the modern under set ones, CBR600RR is soooo small i think it will work mounted under the rear of the engine. I've been looking and measuring mufflers for some time, till i find the right one!! i'll wait. You may need to modify the inlet, but they are just cheep throw aways at the mo as all the RR crowd MUST have the latest big $$$ muffler.

Rod from OZ [8D]

· Registered
2 Posts
For the muffler try looking at the modern under set ones, CBR600RR is soooo small i think it will work mounted under the rear of the engine. I've been looking and measuring mufflers for some time, till i find the right one!! i'll wait. You may need to modify the inlet, but they are just cheep throw aways at the mo as all the RR crowd MUST have the latest big $$$ muffler.

Rod from OZ [8D]

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yup. I'll probably have Tim at Morse Muffler in Burbank make the head-pipes and collector. Any word on escrow closing? I know we had to wait about a week and a half after the "closing date" before we actually had papers completed.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yup. I'll probably have Tim at Morse Muffler in Burbank make the head-pipes and collector. Any word on escrow closing? I know we had to wait about a week and a half after the "closing date" before we actually had papers completed.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Wiring is pretty much complete (need about another 3-4 hours on it).

Got some new braided brake lines made up, but now I'm going to change my master cylinder, so...

Got some ends and threaded rod for the foot controls, that should be ready soon too.

I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with exhaust as the stock pipes interfere with the new foot controls, but I'll at least have it running pretty soon here.

I'll post more pics, when I have something interesting to put up.

cheers.

· Registered
388 Posts
quote:Originally posted by philos1

Supposed to get keys today but every other damn thing takes twice as long as "they" say. Let me know how your exhaust works out. Does he do bike stuff?

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Cool, I hope you get them. Call me if you need any help, or if you need any tools - I'll do what I can.

Tim does all kinds of stuff. He's never turned me down on any fabrication or exhaust stuff, and his prices while not cheap are totally fair. He also guarantees everything (not that I've ever needed to take anything back).

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
A couple of update pics:

Got the wiring pretty much buttoned up (need to mount the speedo pickup for the Acewell).

Head pipes are on temporarily util I can get it over to the muffler shop for a new 2-1.

Master cylinder, linkage parts and a new short reverse cone muffler are on the way. As soon as they're here, I can get it fired up!

· Registered
388 Posts
Looking good, man! When I did my shift linkage I went to J&W and dug through a pile of parts until I found a clevis and linkage rod (from two different bikes) that worked the way I wanted. $10 and I was 1/2 way to having it fabricated. The only downside to my setup is that the rod ends are both right-hand threaded, so I have to remove one to change the position of the shift lever. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.