Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My friends call me Jay, I live in sunny SoCal I currently own 5 motorcycles and 4 cars.

-'93 Jeep Cherokee
-'73 Chevy Camaro (My daily)
-~'23 Ford Model T (Nothing to distinguish it yet)
-'27 Dodge 3-window Coupe, the newest to the collection

'03 Suzuki DRZ110 (first motorcycle)
'77 Yamaha DT125
'75 Yamaha DT250
'73 Yamaha DT250 (The one I am focusing on)
'71 Yamaha CT-1 175

My question is is a DT motorcycle accepted as a possible Cafe Racer by y'all?

Here is a Picture of it

Jay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I plan on throwing away those tires strip it down, figure something with the back seat and ride it. Its missing the reeds and intake. Other wise it'd run.

Jay

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Welcome, and nothing is acceptable to this motley crew, but if that statement doesn't bother you, than you will fit right in! Good luck with the project.

Here is a picture of a YD-1 250 my brother picked up for 50bucks awhile back (I think it was $50). Well, it didn't look like that when he got it. During a visit to his house in Milwaukee lastyear, my nephew, brother and I worked 3 days solid to get it running and semi-road worthy. That is my brother on the bike.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I would have though those tires would give you some incredible lean angles!! Your mantra should be Kevin Cameron, Kawasaki Big Horn. Keep repeating that and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bret,
Thank you very much for that article. The fairing would be very nice to have, I was looking at relocating the pegs back, but what do you do 'bout the rear brake side? Or more specificly, the brake leaver? Just lift our foot off the peg to brake?

Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts