Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. My name is Derek.

I am an absolute addict of motorcycles. I frequent many forums, including some ducati boards and some oregon sportbike forums.

For years I have wanted a cafe racer and at the time did not have the funds. I started out on a little Ninja 250 for my first bike. Kept it, but thirsted for a bit more. At the time when I was still married I aquired a 1999 Ducati 900SS which needed some serious care and I was able to fully restore it and customize the bike to my liking. It was the first "serious" project I took up and ended up giving it some colors of it's own.

pic: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/koihoshi/supersport-1.jpg

Finally... after I finished that and due to the oregon justice system I was able to keep my beauty after my divorce but wanted a new project and got ahold of a 1975 Honda CB360 in some dire need of serious attention but with wonderful potential for a cafe racer.

I've never took up any sort of automotive project that needed SO MUCH TLC but i'm not really intimidated. In fact, I'm quite excited to see how it works out.

I've searched high and low for a forum dedicated to cafe racers and so, HERE I AM! FINALLY a forum full of cafe racer nuts like me (i hope).

I enjoy long walks on the beach and sunsets... but mostly motorcycles :p

Edited by - KoiHoshi on Jan 10 2008 3:14:53 PM

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Welcome. There are several folks, including myself, with Honda CB360's.
You need a thick skin here sometimes.....but great bunch of guys most of the time, and a couple girls too, both of who can kick your butt on the track.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good, sounds like I found the right place ;)

And thank you for the welcome, Jack!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:I enjoy long walks on the beach and sunsets...
You sound pretty gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). You probably like big mushy hugs, too. That's all the welcome you'll get from me - I'm outta beer - and he asked for it

Oh, I have a cb360, too. I let my girlfriend ride it whenever she wants to.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Funny

Yeah well, welcome Koi, the Duc looks interesting, not sure if the full effect is apparent by that photo, but it looks sano.

Cheers

FR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts