'72 cb 500 four
'84 Vespa P200
'75 Jet 200 Lambretta
'91 Yamaha XT 600

Here are a few pics of me and the Green Hornet. My rat bike/cb500

Here's the Vespa p200:

A few other interests:

I'm a toy nerd

I'm looking for a nice pair of clip-ons for my bike, and if someone can help me out it is appreciated. I hope this post isn't too overwhelming.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Dennis, you have a cafe racer AND a scooter. Is it possible to be a Mod and a Rocker at the same time? Does that mean you have to fight yourself?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started out on Scooters, but tried even then , to make the scoot look as NON MOD as possible. :DI have fun riding them, but tend to not want to put Mirrors all over it. I haven't ridden the scooter in a while. I tend to gravitate more towards the 500. I love that bike.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Dennis, it's all good dude. Dig the Green Hornet, d'you do the pinstriping?

FR

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. A young kid at the Drive-Invasion here in Atlanta did it. We had a guy named Top Hat that did allot of PS, but he has passed away. the guy was amazing. The best!!

The Drive-Invasion is a yearly Vintage Bike, and car show we have here. The Blasters played this past year.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sweet 500 dude! I just picked one up a 71 500 a few weeks ago. What all have you done to it? What did it take to get dual rotors on the front? I'm new here, so I have lots of dumb questions.

·
Registered
699 Posts
hey, the drive invasion sounds sweet...when is it this year? that is a long haul on my RD to atlanta, but it might be worth it. great looking 500!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm new myself. I bought the bike for 500 bux. The tires and rims are new. Ciramic coat on the exhaust. Powder coated a few bits. Cafe bars, and seat(Getting clip-ons soon tho). Took the speedo and tac off. New rear shocks. I'm not a mechanic by any means. My buddy Dean does all the work for me. He put the dual discs on last week. He had to swap parts off of a 750, because the 500 was not set up for dual. Dean races 350's. He's pretty good from what I understand. This was my first motorcycle, so I'm still learning.

·
Registered
602 Posts
quote:Originally posted by steve barker

Dennis, you have a cafe racer AND a scooter. Is it possible to be a Mod and a Rocker at the same time? Does that mean you have to fight yourself?

So, does it mean you are <s>"skit"</s> <s>"scitzo"</s> <s>"Schitso"</s>...ah fuck it, do you have a "Split Personality"? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, do you think you could get a list from your friend of what parts he used from which models for the dual disc conversion? this is something i've been wanting to do, but i don't have access to a bunch of other bikes to compare fitment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts