Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
how about what compliments your ass more? you think those people with "brat" seats actually ride those bikes? no, they wobble from local coffee shop to local bar or sit inside aforementioned coffee shop.

Here is what you do....ride the thing. Figure out what you enjoy about riding motorcycles. If all you are thinking about is the looks of the bike then you aren't into motorcycles, you are into fashion design.

In the meantime try to do a little research about seca race bikes. I think Kenessex races one in vintage events and I think they were raced when new.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
this is actually brat style:

http://bratstyle.com/

no kidding this is where the term comes from - this one shop in japan.

However, like everything in america the morons take a term and literally misuse it into a smoldering hole in the ground before abandoning it for the next shiny object. "brat" has come to be known as basically a thin plank of a seat. Whenever a newbie uses that term, that is what is assumed. Also, I have yet to see a "brat style" seat done well outside of the actual bratstyle shop in japan. If you look closely at the pics, you'll notice how entrenched bratstyle is in japanese chopper culture. nothing to do with racers, or awesome bikes. So again...using it as an american is like waving the idiot flag for all the world to see. don't be that guy.

it wasn't lost on me that you were going to ride the bike for a year. but what you like now isn't what you are going to like in a year. stop making those kind of plans and just enjoy the thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts