Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a little while. Searching XS360 doesn't turn up much. I just picked this up. It sort of fell in my lap. Not sure if I should keep it stock or try my hand at a cafe build. Before I picked it up I was sure cafe, but after seeing it, I'm not so sure.

Opinions? Is there a reason that there aren't too many 360's, but tons of 650's? Just more out there?

Thanks and let them fly.
Mike

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Ya know, I'd go for it. It's not much of a collector bike so you may as well have some fun.
I like the shape of that seat...uhh....cowl. Unless your cover is *perfect*, I'd re-sculpt the foam to define the rider's seating portion a bit more, perhaps drop is a couple inches with some firm foam under neath it.
Drop the rear fender and tail light, raise the OEM turn signals and rewire them to act as brake and turns. Toss some clip-ons on it, do some rear-sets and strip the rest of the junk off it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Ya know, I'd go for it. It's not much of a collector bike so you may as well have some fun.
I like the shape of that seat...uhh....cowl. Unless your cover is *perfect*, I'd re-sculpt the foam to define the rider's seating portion a bit more, perhaps drop is a couple inches with some firm foam under neath it.
Drop the rear fender and tail light, raise the OEM turn signals and rewire them to act as brake and turns. Toss some clip-ons on it, do some rear-sets and strip the rest of the junk off it.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I think I'd put it back and leave it be. One day it will be worth something. Scarce bike for sure and looks to be pretty close to right. Really though, hard to tell with the tiny 5 step pix.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I think I'd put it back and leave it be. One day it will be worth something. Scarce bike for sure and looks to be pretty close to right. Really though, hard to tell with the tiny 5 step pix.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That's a nice looking bike. I think I'd just go with some lower bars, like a superbike bend, and leave the rest, or at least save what you take off so that you can put it back to stock. Take off the crash bars. Maybe a cool looking exhaust.
I'd forgotten all about that bike. Nice find.
Welcome.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That's a nice looking bike. I think I'd just go with some lower bars, like a superbike bend, and leave the rest, or at least save what you take off so that you can put it back to stock. Take off the crash bars. Maybe a cool looking exhaust.
Welcome.

FR

·
Registered
692 Posts
At my cheese dick computer at work all I saw was a box and an X . But I looked one up and to me it looks pretty cool. Kinda like an RD350 4 Stroke (?).

I'm +1 at not doing much . Maybe lower bars and a louder exhaust to be hear but that's just about it . Very cool.

·
Registered
692 Posts
At my cheese dick computer at work all I saw was a box and an X . But I looked one up and to me it looks pretty cool. Kinda like an RD350 4 Stroke (?).

I'm +1 at not doing much . Maybe lower bars and a louder exhaust to be hear but that's just about it . Very cool.

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:Originally posted by FR

Welcome.

FR
+1
Find a rougher,but good running bike to chop up/Cafe out.
That way you #1 save a good,stock vintage bike and #2 fix up a old,rough bike that may otherwise end up in the junk or worse..scrap yard!;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:Originally posted by FR

Welcome.

FR
+1
Find a rougher,but good running bike to chop up/Cafe out.
That way you #1 save a good,stock vintage bike and #2 fix up a old,rough bike that may otherwise end up in the junk or worse..scrap yard!;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Definitely loose the crash bars, and change the handle bars. A lower flatter bend and I could probably keep the stock peg location, clip-ons would need some rearsets. But If I could mount the rearsets with removable clamps (like I read about in the FAQ's and found with the search feature) than it could always go back to stock very easily. Good stuff to think about over the winter.

Nobody mentioned painting it flat black and putting checkerboards all over it. Funny, I thought that was what cafe racers were all about........:D

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Definitely loose the crash bars, and change the handle bars. A lower flatter bend and I could probably keep the stock peg location, clip-ons would need some rearsets. But If I could mount the rearsets with removable clamps (like I read about in the FAQ's and found with the search feature) than it could always go back to stock very easily. Good stuff to think about over the winter.

Nobody mentioned painting it flat black and putting checkerboards all over it. Funny, I thought that was what cafe racers were all about........:D

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts