Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As they say, the first step is to admit that you have a problem. My issue is that I am really good at picking up non-running, disassembled, crashed and/or seriously neglected bikes, and bringing them back to life. My problem is that I am really bad at selling them off (because are you ever really done with fixing up a bike?)

My bikes include (in no particular order)

1999 Buell X1 (a sweet heart, and likely my forever bike)
1997 Buell M2 (bought from a buddy, somewhere along the line some serous engine work was done)
1997 Ducati ST4 (110k miles and still going strong, another sweetheart forever bike)
1999 Suzuki TL1000R Wiring harness burnt, replaced along with most of the electrics, crazy top end
1997 Triumph Daytona T595 (955i) Picked up as a basket case after PO crashed and trashed the engine and frame, currently my daily driver

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

1971 Honda CB350 - Father/son project, what a sweet little bike, no chance of selling this one
1978 Yamaha XS650 - Other than the bottom end, a complete rebuild, another sweet running bike

And my current project

2000 Ducati ST2 - Crashed and pillaged, in addition to the 4 valve Duc, a 2 valve Duc has been on my bucket list for quite a while.

I am totally impressed with the technical dialog and advice here, thanks for being such a great resource!
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Welcome! Nice collection!

When I saw your username I was expecting Mark Wilcox, the aluminum fabricator

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can relate to not wanting to sell your bikes. For one you spend the time working on them and you start to develop a love for the machine, and two you get the feeling that anyone that says they want to buy it will never have a true appreciation for it like you do.

Post a couple pics of those 2 VJM's when you get a chance. Honda's parallel twins were among some of the finest in their days

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Crashed ST series bikes make for great, lightweight naked bikes or cafe racers as some still call them. Mine is an ST3
Mine came with DP ECU, 50mm throttle bodies, DP airbox and DP 48mm carbon mufflers. All I did was to clean up and hide the wiring, made a single seat and a few minor mods to the rear subframe. Oh. And a paint to disguise the tank shape.

Easy, fun and cheap. Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1982 kz440a
199 Posts
Crashed ST series bikes make for great, lightweight naked bikes or cafe racers as some still call them. Mine is an ST3
Mine came with DP ECU, 50mm throttle bodies, DP airbox and DP 48mm carbon mufflers. All I did was to clean up and hide the wiring, made a single seat and a few minor mods to the rear subframe. Oh. And a paint to disguise the tank shape.

Easy, fun and cheap. View attachment 107076
Dud that paint job is genius!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts