Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New member riding a CB350 that is being professionally built currently. Should be completed in a few weeks. Please let me know if there are any meet ups or groups I should be in.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
;) they were all built by professionals, some professionals are just better at it then others and the most experienced ones work or worked for Honda.

Stay away from riders and groups who think it is cool to mess with the law,
find a riding partner who is more skilled then yourself and learn from them, when you get better then they are it's time to find some new riding partners.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Who is this pro that is building your bike?
Didnt think anyone was actually still building CB350s......
Are cafe racers even cool any more?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I think so, but my vision of a “Cafe Racer” seems to be at odds with what is considered cool these days.
The Vincent might be a tad expensive, and the MG is missing a few things, but.....

CA5B6C50-DF99-4904-899D-AEB56E89C780.jpeg

00218A4E-7491-4C09-A356-19E558B97288.jpeg

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Who is this pro that is building your bike?
Didnt think anyone was actually still building CB350s......
Maybe it's someone we know.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Maybe it's someone we know.

The only two shops I trust in the NYC/Long Island area are Erik Green and Lurkshop (BigBadBobDog on here), and that's it. Since both are in Brooklyn I doubt that someone from LI is making that trek. Mitch at Alternative cycle in freeport is fantastic to work on old bikes because he's an old honda tech from way back but I highly doubt he would do a hipster cafe racer.

There is another member on here from Jersey who does cb350s and his work is excellent (i think he's an aircraft mechanic by trade). His name is mark but I forget his user name and shop name on here.

I would be interested to know who is building this cb350 because NYC/LI is full of shops but some of them are just awful.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
There was a guy out in like Bayport that was making the rounds on blogs.
He did that 350 with the huge front tire, and a kind of cool maroon CB750.
Didn't have a shop or do it processionally when I last saw him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts