Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I joined in 2010 but have not been active until now. Built my fist café racer in 1968 from an almost new Suzuki x-6 Hustler 250 that had been down and had cosmetic damage. Been into bikes ever since. Taught motorcycle mechanics for 35 years. Retired inn Jan. 2013. Road raced bikes for 16 years, ran bikes for landspeed records 8 years. raced enduo and super karts for 8 years. In Feb. 2013 I opened a shop in Vero Beach, FL specializing café and vintage road racing bikes. How does a shop become a supporter of this site? The web site is reedspeedcaferacers.com.

Regards, Jim Reed

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Welcome,

Before I read your post I thought you must be into 2 strokes......., reed valves, not last name Reed.....

Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Geeto67,

My TZ-750A was AMA pro Billy Labrie's bike. I bought it from his father when I moved to FL to start up the Honda supported bike program I was teaching. I raced it numerous times at the road races at Moroso in Palm Beach and at Daytona. It was a handful at Daytona until AMA pro & TZ 750 racer Conrad Urbanowski told me to torque the steering head races. After that it handled pretty much like a TZ-350 twin shock of the era except that you had to be careful exiting corners not to light up the rear tire and high side yourself as I learned once the hard way at Moroso. I bought the bike to run at Bonneville. Unfortunately I lost the bike in a divorce and had to sell it. I sold it to Scott Guthrie in Tallahassee. An article I wrote on riding the bike can still be found on the internet. Just search under Jim Reed TZ-750. Sure wish I still had it. The most fun bike I have ever owned.

Regards, Jim Reed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello JackC,

I am into 2-strokes as you will see if you look on my site. Been into them since childhood beginning wit model aircraft engines.

Regards Jim Reed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts