Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, life long Rider, built a racer, 78 SR500, have some interesting details about my cafe, will do a thread down the road
Soon, need to learn all the keys for this site. Yaa I am old guy... IMG_20170825_081831.jpg . Cheers..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
One of my favorites. Had 88 as my first road bike. It cost less almost new than the used ones now.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Nice bike. Love that large capacity Gus Kuhn style tank. For some unknown reason I have a steel replica of that tank that would fit almost anything and I don't have a project to fit it on.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Nice bike. Love that large capacity Gus Kuhn style tank. For some unknown reason I have a steel replica of that tank that would fit almost anything and I don't have a project to fit it on.
Regularly visited the Gus Kuhn BMW showroom in Stockwell back in the 80's.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
to the op sorry about the thread jack
i didn't even say that both your machines look fantastic ,how much i am impressed by them ,but yeah they do and i am greatly impressed
as for mr kuhn i am now a fan a one in a million legend i reckon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good eye on the tank�� a collector buddy of mine had the fairing also in storage, decided to put it on for racing, tucking and leaning, works great. Here's the cool twist both were brand new in box. Even have extra nose plastics for the fairing. The fairing came from Titan out of England. Before I put on the Titan the bike would wiggle over 100. Smooth as silk at all speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Avon Corp sent me these bits of info, kinda cool, nice to know what I have. Sorry for the sideways view but not sure how to fix. Lol
My fairing was for the Rd250.
I am moving to an area where there might be some ARHMA races or enough in my class that I can at least rub elbows in Ts.
If not I'm going to set her back on the street. I have ridden So many different bikes, I find my SR is my favorite. Except for cross X.

5893326098_a74c86eb52_o.jpg

5893323768_46a0bdd3f7_b.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So true... I picked up this 89 with all the goodies for free. That's why i posted long story on this one.
The avg going rate for SRs is more than new. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My favorite tool, just added the batt rack, needed it mobile, one round it burped at the green flag lost the race.
Hoos Racing products. After the engine build could not kick start her. I have the vid of that burp, on bike cam, needless to say
I will not post, too many graphic words. ������������
Crap forgot, did 540 hi comp piston cams springs, polished head/ports 1.75 in custom header, SS rev cone " Cone Eng ",
Custom 43mm Flatside, duel high cap oil rocker lines, Triumph 750 oil cooler, Airtech clipons, if I remember correctly 2004 GXSR 1000 rearsets, about 70% of the nuts bolts washers have been replaced with SS. NW rain. Made my seat, glass/carbon fiber build.
Kedo fork dampner, Rd350 carb intake boot noise reduction. More can't remember right now.. cheers
IMG_20190831_105253.jpg

IMG_20190831_104244.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts