Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scottish laddie (old bloke on a pension), owner of a Buell M2 (bought new in 2000) and carefully used (and stored when not in use) ever since. Currently considering adding a small Ducati-style fairing, slightly dropped bars and removing the flappy plastic seat unit (which car drivers take the p1ss out of me about - usually at traffic lights - one driver asked if my bike can fly, as it did its customary Buell vibes thing!). Been on bikes off and on since my youth, a Honda XL125 first, then an XL175 (toured 12,000 miles round USA on that one) an XT500 (Tx, Az and Co for a few months), then an XT550, a CB450 in Africa, an SR500 in Ca, and lots of runs on mate's bikes which I've borrowed including a BMW K100, Laverda Jota (120 deg), and my brother's GPZ900 which I toured Europe on.

I promised myself as I rode the XL175 around the USA and got blown about by big trucks that I'd someday buy a proper thumper to keep into my old age and ride with a sense of style and oldblokery until I expire, and I finally saw the Buell which I thought was a remarkable piece of engineering built around a well-tested V-twin and which reminded me of a Vincent Black Shadow so I bought one (in black!). Happy days since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts