Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Joined the forum last night after a Google search about Yamaha triples brought me here.

I raced for around 11 years back in the 70's and 80's, owning a TD1B, several TZ350's, a brief relationship with a TZ750, and then a 500cc Honda triple which was based on an NS400R and had been developed by Terry Shepherd into a full 500cc racer, I still have this bike after buying it back and restoring it a few years ago.

After hanging up my leathers I continued to prepare TZ250/RS250 and RS125 machines and looked after them at race events including the Isle of Man TT and Manx Grand Prix, spannering 2 winning bikes in the Mamx Grand Prix.

When the two strokes died out I sort of retreated from working on bikes as I struggled to maintain interest in 600's etc, but I still help out as an official at the Manx Grand Prix/Classic TT, calling on my 30 years of pit stop experience to deliver the pit lane briefings for newcomers, and usually also fuelling for one of the teams in the classic superbike race.

I am also very lucky to live on the TT course having moved to the Isle of Man from my native Lincolnshire, England 10 years ago.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
"I am also very lucky to live on the TT course having moved to the Isle of Man from my native Lincolnshire, England 10 years ago."
:cool: a real person (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts