Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Charles and live in Booth Texas about 40 miles SW of Houston. I retired from almost 40 years as a Parts Guy at aftermarket Motorcycle shops around Houston. I have a small shed that I've completed two project bikes in. One a 80 Honda XL500 thumper, the other a Kawasaki En 500. After finishing a vintage endro and a rat, I hope to build a cafe. I wanted to build the Kawasaki cafe style, but the cruiser controls just didn't work out. I'm here to study what y'all are doing and hopefully come up with a new cafe project soon.
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Fuel tank
05 En Rat

·
Registered
1979 XS750
104 Posts
Nice little bar hopper. Cool bike in my opinion (y) what Bike are ya gonna turn into a cafe?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Gonna go to the harvest classic in luchenbach this year?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice little bar hopper. Cool bike in my opinion (y) what Bike are ya gonna turn into a cafe?
Haven't found my next project yet. I want to find something like the thumper, as One carb is plenty for me to deal with. Last time I worked on twin carbs was a 68 BSA that I had in the 70s. I never got the En running right and now my project money is being spent on shop fees. Thanks

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Bummer.
Depending on what covid does, ill make the 2 hour ride down and camp there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to make make the fest in New Braunfels and camp. Used to love partying in the Hill Country. Just to crowded now. Still like it during off season. Eyesight problem last two years has kept me off the roads after dark. I ride mostly around Brazos bend State Park where there's little traffic. Deer, hogs and other critters more than cars. Hopefully your plans won't fall through. Wanting to ride to Car show in Richmond on the 7th, but Fort Bend county is back in code red, so don't know they will be allowed to have it or not.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I was here from 2011 to 2014 and thought it was crowded... I come back 7 years later and goddamn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts