Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd say hi! i recently moved to philadelphia, pa from houston, tx. just bought a 1969 cb350, and have started pulling it apart and working on it. it'll be a sweet cafe when i'm done with it!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
neat.....welcome to the frozen north. Phili - you are in Tex Mawby country (don't worry he's a little strange but mostly nice). You are not the only displaced texan round here, my SO is from Dallas/Houston/Austin (yes she lived in all three for significant period of time) and although I am a New Orleanian, my father is from Galveston.

Looks like the previous owner of your 350 really liked John Deer green.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, yes, EVERYTHING on the bike is green.. that will change, i promise ;)
i have family in new orleans! my dad is from opelousas. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome bike!! i have a thing for vintage white bikes. i do plan on documenting it on here, i guess i should go ahead and start! i've already cleaned the carbs, and got slide diaphragms in the mail yesterday, so hopefully i'll be able to switch those out this weekend/tonight.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats bitchen. if you need anything for it, drop myself or tex, your local philly guy on the board here, a note. we have tons of cb350 stuff. welcome.

jc

·
Registered
216 Posts
I kinda want a 350. I just recently bought a 500, THEN did my research and found out the engine is less then stellar. My girlfriend has a CB400 and I think a built up 350 would be cool to go along with hers.

Welcome, I'm new here too!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
nothing wrong with the cb500 four engine.....what made you think it is less than stellar? BTW if you really don't want the 500cc lump go find a 1979-1982 cb650 and swap that motor in. bolts in but you will need all the electrics.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've done a few transactions with Vintage Cosmos and hated each one. In fact, I used that same tank on my CB360. Since it won't ship for a few weeks :), do yourseld a favor and contact them to buy the gas cap at the same time. It will save on shipping. I looked everywhere and they are the only ones who have it.

Mounting that tank is...um...interesting. When you get it, email me and I'll send some pics on how I did it. I posted a pick on the CB360 with the Benelli tank here (http://www.caferacer.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6727&whichpage=5)

--Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the info, chris!
i figured it'd be and interesting tank to mount, i'll e-mail you when i get it. it doesn't bother me too much that it'll take a bit to get here, since i've got some work to do on the bike before i put a tank on. how much did they charge for the gas cap? the tank does look great on the bike, though! i'm going to paint it green and white.
i miss the motorcycle salvage yard in houston :( i was thinking of checking out the one in baltimore, has anyone been there?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh yeah, if anyone wants a seat reupholstered, i can make custom seat covers. and give y'all a special price- i'll only charge for materials.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Really? Can you do double French stiching? That's a very kind offer.

I'm in Dallas and we have a cool yard not far from here as well.

I think the gas cap was about $40 shipped--$10 of which was the shipping. Green and white is very cool. Green and cream-while would look great as well.

--Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sure can! and i can sew any material. i have an industrial machine, as well as a serger.
did you go to mods vs rockers? and perhaps meet some guys from todo moto..
still deciding on what sort of white i want ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts