Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Doesn't look like a cb350 tank on that green bike. Looks cb360 to me. Not that it matters, since it's gettin' shitcanned.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the tank is either a 1970s 350 or 360 tank. it's not even mounted, it's way too big for the bike. it sits right up behind the handlebars, you can hardly turn them!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
welcome aboard, glad you scored that bike. I kept seeing it listed on craigslist, pretty tempting even at that distance because it's a cb350"k-zero" which has the hotter cam, good stuff. Get yourself a factory manual (fuck clymer and hayes) and you'll be off to a great start. Or download one here: ftp://ftp.manuals.homeftp.net/Manuals/Honda/Honda_CB_CL_SL250-350/Honda CB,CL,SL 250-350.pdf
For parts always try here first as we all have spares, when you need NOS go to Western Hills Honda.

or something like that.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just recently brought a CB350 back to life after two decades of neglect. If you run into any problems or have questions, drop me a line. I pretty much went through the whole bike, so I'm well versed with their insides and inner workings. They're top notch little bikes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the board. I have family in Philly and Boston. I'm hoping to make a East coast trip this summer. I just may have to take you up on the seat work. You wouldn't happen to be able to repair crashed leathers now would you?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thanks everyone for the help!!
i can fix leathers, depending on the damage. if you've got a picture i'll be able to tell ya. if anyone needs anything sewn, feel free to email me!

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's just a few cuts, and some torn seem or two. I'll snap some pictures.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wow, thats a fat cam model eh??? cool! yeah, you have the wrong tank. you should have the "square" tank. the type ones with the early cam and head are hard to come by now a days. thats a kind of a nice find. if you pull the engine out for any reason, be sure to check the cam lobes. if they arent pitted, its quite a desirable piece for racing a stocker. and the followers are just as important. and the early head ports have a lower ceiling i believe. so for porting, they are preferred. you can tell if its an early head by the exhaust studs. 6mm is the early head. 8 mill is the later.

jc

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i dig the tanks on the '69 350s, they were more square and had the rubber knee pads. i'm not sure why the previous owner replaced the tank with a later model tank, it's in awful condition and doesn't fit. the engine is perfect, now. i cleaned the carbs the day i bought the bike, and just got new slide diaphragms in the mail. now to see if the ignition coils are salvagable... the point where the spark plug wires connect to the coils is coming off, but only the rubber casing around the wires. the wires are really holding in there!

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

thanks everyone for the help!!
i can fix leathers, depending on the damage. if you've got a picture i'll be able to tell ya. if anyone needs anything sewn, feel free to email me!
Fix leathers? Watch out for the flood of requests!
Here's a pic of my white '65 CA77. Not cafe but still cool.

Dale; how about a pic of your white CB77?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh my God, a beautiful woman who is building her own cafe racer! I am in love!

Girlnamedgo, will you come to California and live with me? We can tell my wife (Ming the Merciless) that you are an exchange student from Canada or something.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
howdy lee. welcome to caferacer and welcome to philly. i lived in houston (nee kingwood) for a while (hence the name). The yellow tank you got off of Cosmo is a Mojave 360 Gastank. I/we have used them on many bikes in the past, and they are a good strong steel tank. The emblem and glue will remove easily and you can probably purchase some old round Honda wing emblems to replace it (think early CB450, K0, black bomber). i had a lot of good times at cosmo, and some bad. i have spewed enough about it here in the past and won't get roped into it again. perhaps if you take me out and get me drunk i'll spew off some more, but that's up to you.

let me know if you run into any brick walls/deadends during your rebuild. i know a few things about these bikes and own a handful of them (street and race). if you need spares, i probably have them too, as i never saw a cb350 that i didn't love.

liberty cycles is alright. adam has been around for awhile and knows his stuff. we have a burgeoning scene around here that someday will happen (i.e. - organized rides, etc).

i'm still in the city limits but might as well be in the suburbs (somerton). less aholes, trash, and police helicopters out here. unfortunately we still have old diabetics who like to drive while dosed on oxycontin........long story!

so welcome to town, and the caferacer clique. hope you got tough skin, as it's pretty brutal around here.

cheers,

texy

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
yeah ditto.... i have mucho cb350 spare parts.... drop a message if you need something.

and i have a bitching "white" cb 350 roadracer..... still need to post pics. maybe today.

matt

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
nice to finally hear from you tex!
i was planning on replacing the emblems, either doing some that i make or the old honda ones. i'll probably take you out, but maybe not just to spew about cosmo motors. i don't know any other riders in philly, but sometimes go down to baltimore to hang out with the guys who ride down there. i'm right in center city, but will be moving a little further out in may. i need more space! i want a big garage to house a small stable of bikes, and plenty of tools. when i take you out, you'll have to tell me more about the old diabetics who like to drive while dosed on oxycontin. i've been told i'm brutal, so i think i can handle it ;)

i'll probably be messaging both of you for parts soon
and matt, do post a picture of your bike today!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
i can get jb or rosko to do post for me... that is if i can't figure it out. I have several parts in reletively good condition that are just sitting in my zone. need more room for my racebikes.

matt

21 - 40 of 66 Posts