Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Italian ones mostly.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya boys, girls and your various pets, greetings from New Zealand! I am new here, but REALLY OLD to motorcycles and projects.... I have had bikes since 1983. Mostly Italian ones. At one stage I was up to 19 motorcycles (owned well over 80 over the years) but these days I am down to a far more manageable fleet of six of the best.

I have done a small amount of classic bike racing on an old fun slow MV Agusta.... got on the podium and promptly retired from racing. (yes, there were ONLY three left in my class on the last race of the weekend!!!) :)

I am more of a workshop project guy than a high mileage biker these days. I have a very well fitted out workshop and I can make anything. I am also an obsessive details man. I am not a "parts changer" sort of man more of a "parts modifier and parts maker" sort of person.

I reason I am here is that over the last few months I have been planning a bike build on paper and I think this forum is the best place to get ideas and start a build thread over in the project department. The bike is going to be an "Egli Victory" with a shed built Egli backbone frame and a 100ci Victory engine in the cafe racer style along the "lines" of an Egli Vincent, not a copy, taking inspiration from the style of the Egli Vincent.

Anywho I am going to head over the project area and start talking about my ideas and hopefully I will get even better ideas and tricks from the crowd. :)

Regards Gavin

Reactions: OldMan

·
Registered
Italian ones mostly.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have started the build thread, but it has disappeared and now I get this note on it (as I CAN find it when I use my bookmark)... "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."
It was taken down 10 or so hours ago I have just asked admin is they can get it back! :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sounds like a fun project. Welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts