Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my grandfathers 71 CB350, that has been mostly disassembled and sitting for 15 years. Going thru the boxes I find that the Carbs are gone. Anyone know where I can get some replacements. I literally just got this thing 2 hours ago and just want to try to get it running.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, its a 72 not a 71. OK, new question, what carbs are interchangable and will work, or may be better?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I am missing a lot more parts than I expected, I am putting together a parts list and will let you know about the Carbs ASAP.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I prefer to go by, it if needs to be replaced then replace it with something better. I would say go with the round slides. I'm rebuilding my XS400 I just bought and it also needs carbs as it didn't come with the bike when I got it. I'm just gonna buy flat slides. I won't be able to afford to buy both at the same time so one now and one in a few months. It's cheaper in the long run then buy some stock carbs to get it running and then the mikunis afterwards or any part in general.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started pulling everything apart yesterday, I am not missing as much as I thought. Seems like I am missing the Carbs, The side cover at the front sprocket, the top motor mount brackets and bolts, and the lower front motor mount bolt. One of the spark plug hole threads ar stripped, so I am gonna have to pull the top end off, hopefully the the bottom end is good. Looks like I may also need new rims/spokes, the rust is pretty deep.

Hey Pinche, you know were I can buy those flat slides for a good price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts