Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call this evening from Martin Doerfler. He set a new record on his APS-PG 500 Triumph at 116 and change. APS refers to the chassis which is Altered Partially Streamlined. The PG is Push rod motor on Gasoline.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Bret. Martin is entered in A/PG not APS which mmakes his accomplishment even more remarkable!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill,
Wow, even cooler. I didn't realize he was running it without the fairing again.

Pete,
You got it. The breakdown is chassis first, then motor, then fuel type. The A designates Altered frame. PS is Partially Streamlined. P is Pushrod motor. And the G is Gasoline.
The frame is an early 70's Triumph 650/750 oil in frame chassis. Martin completely removed the forward down tubes and replaced them with a single bolt in piece. He also sectioned out a few inches from the vertical oil tube to lower the bike. What he removed from the vertical portion of the frame he then sectioned into the tube under the tank in order to lengthen the chassis. Clever boy.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The interesting part of the rules is that if you run a stock frame but an engine that is not of the same manufacturer as the engine you are in Altered. My Norton has a stock frame and a Weslake engine so I am stuck in Altered. Martins bike is a jewel and well worth a long look.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'd love to hear an audio clip of that 'rumpf at full song. Bonneville is on my to do list. no question. cheers, bcr

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'd love to hear an audio clip of that 'rumpf at full song. Bonneville is on my to do list. no question. cheers, bcr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts