Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bike, I have been searching for a while and cannot find "the one". I am getting tired of unanswered craigslist ads, or missing out on a great bike by just minutes so I turn to all of you to see if anyone around the area has a bike they are looking to get rid of.

I would like something that is almost all there, things like headlights, turn sigs, seat, heck even tank are not to important. I want the basics to start with.

My goal is to trade this shot gun

And these Rims

For a bike. I currently ride my Buell so a rolling project is not needed but would not hurt. Things like no title, and ran when I parked it don't really scare me. Also if i needed to tell you what bike i wanted it would take all day. I love CB/Cl/SL 100's all way to 750's and am really comfertable with Honda's, but let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Could you please note the details of both items your looking to trade?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You looking to stay four stroke or would two smokers wet your appetite also? I've got my GT550 if your interested in that?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gambler -

Sorry about that, They are 17", 5-spoke, 5x114.3, Nexo rims. I bought them to go on my rear wheel drive Lexus and drove around with them on there for about one month before putting the winter tires on. That winter I crashed the car and bought my little Mazda and put them on there for about 4 months (one WI summer) and basically wore the tires out. Then I put them in the corner of my garage (where you see the pictures taken from) and never put them back on. I just sold the Mazda and have 18" tires on my Jetta, so I have no use for them any more.

The shotgun is a 20ga CBC single shot, break action that I got as a birthday present when I turned 14. I don't hunt, so the gun has only been fired 3 times. I think that it was used when I got it, but i clean and oil it every 6 months. This is perfect if you are an active shooter and want to teach your kid.

Pinche -

I got your PM this morning, but my luck with 2-strokes is horrible. I had a KX125 that I rebuild about twice a year. Now that either means that I don't know how to rebuild a 2-stroke or I don't know how to ride 2-strokes. Either way I think for the time being I will want to stay away from them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Keep the oil tank filled up and you won't have any problems. I haven't had any so far and from what I've seen and heard these things are pretty fail safe and reliable. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ratty, Slick ride, but I am looking for something smaller and from the 70's era. Right now I have the Buell for the bigger rides, but I want something to (a) teach the wife to ride on, and (b) ride downtown for work.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pinche, what are you looking to get for the GT? you can ride it down and I can give you a ride home with your new rims and shotgun?!?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ARGH!! I am too broke!

I would have been in for it, but the VW lost its turbo. I didn't realize how expensive those things were!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts