Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

spend time in the seat. not in the garage.
best advice all year, I bought a fixer upper as a first bike and I am crying all the way into the rainy season(laughingly known as winter in Houston)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hm. He's 19 , collects military surplus guns and lives in Southern Cali . Wonder if he has a long black trenchcoat to go with that. [8D]

I've owned an SRX and currently own a Thruxton . The SRX is a great bike . Kick only but dead reliable . Great handling bike . Funny you posted that SRX pic . The guy who used to own that particular bike coached me through fitting FZR wheels on mine ( located somewhere in WA state I believe). It was a fucking nightmare . Don't do ti unless you have total access to a machine shop .
Thruxtons are great as well. I went more Thruxton cup look than classic like the one shown . Great bike too.
Any recommendations to you by reading your posts is this . If you want to stay below 2k$ get a nice rearly 80s beater bike and learn to ride the shit out of it . Then later on get a Thruxie , Duc Sportclassic or whatever you want . Hell ,an SRX if you can find one . Get a nice GS500 and ride the balls off it . Get your fundamentals down .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
quote:Originally posted by Wanker

Hm. He's 19 , collects military surplus guns and lives in Southern Cali . Wonder if he has a long black trenchcoat to go with that. [8D]

I've owned an SRX and currently own a Thruxton . The SRX is a great bike . Kick only but dead reliable . Great handling bike . Funny you posted that SRX pic . The guy who used to own that particular bike coached me through fitting FZR wheels on mine ( located somewhere in WA state I believe). It was a fucking nightmare . Don't do ti unless you have total access to a machine shop .
Thruxtons are great as well. I went more Thruxton cup look than classic like the one shown . Great bike too.
Any recommendations to you by reading your posts is this . If you want to stay below 2k$ get a nice rearly 80s beater bike and learn to ride the shit out of it . Then later on get a Thruxie , Duc Sportclassic or whatever you want . Hell ,an SRX if you can find one . Get a nice GS500 and ride the balls off it . Get your fundamentals down .
I aint got no trench coat. I collect bolt action guns from WWI and WWII. You cant pull of too much of a suicidal rampage with what I have.

I've been thinking about doing that you recommend. I am going to try to find a GS500 or a old beater and learn the basics on that. I wouldn't feel so bad dumping a $1000 bike as I would a $2000 bike with a lot of potential.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts