Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on "another" site ealier but thought some of you might not bounce back and forth like me. I'm kind of pleased the way it turned out. Kinko's did the printing on sticky back vinylf for me...$15.00....

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
form points: +1 cool idea! matches your tank perfectly.
function points: -1 kinda too busy; hard reading at a quick glance.

all that matters is that you made it and you like it...even if it is checkers.

·
Registered
699 Posts
great work...i'm a little slow, it took about 20 seconds to figure out what the design was! LOL!! but i like it

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i really like the way the checkers are a continuance of the ones on the gas tank. same spacing and everything. that turned out very nice! good job broseph! did you take the file already sized and everything to kinkos?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The file was pdf file that was to scale. The color was a little off but I took a paint swatch with me and Kinko's was able to edit the white (which is actually kind of a creamy white) to match. Thanks for alll of the comments. It is a little busy, but I'm not racing it so it works fine. I've alway wondered about the tach on these Hondas, red line is from 10K to 11K....does that mean once past 11K it's ok? Just kidding.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Nice job - what software did you use to design the new faces. After 11K++ its all fire and flying parts...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adobe Illustrator. The hash marks (scale) were a real pain. I scanned the original faces and overlayed the marks one at a time and then subtracted the original and pasted in the background.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have to say that pretty badass. Where did you get the vinyl from? Craft store like a Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin type place or some place else?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kinko's has the vinyl on big rolls. It's the same stuff they print sign (like those magnetic ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts