Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here recommend a set of tires that I can check out for my 1975 Honda CB 750K? Just checked out Tire Rack and 4wheelonline and it left me confused. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Pirelli Sport Demons are what I’m running. And if you are looking at car tire sites for motorcycle tires, you won’t get far. Try revzilla, jpcycles, bikebandit, Moto sport, sport biketrackgear, etc.

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Good I was hoping to hear a decent review on the cross ply tire. Have you ridden it in very wet conditions yet, and?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some of the best options will be Pirelli, Metzeler Lasertec, and Dunlop. Check out the reviews online to find out the difference between these tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pirelli Sport Demons are what I’m running. And if you are looking at car tire sites for motorcycle tires, you won’t get far. Try revzilla, jpcycles, bikebandit, Moto sport, sport biketrackgear, etc.
Thank your for the advice. I'm new to online shopping.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Really? Why is that?
New to online shopping because computer technology is really not that old to an old guy.
Why are goods returned after online purchases? :/ It's too easy and low cost impact to the consumer! It's like the olden days of Eaton's catalogue shopping, order 3 pairs of pants, keep only the one that fits, sent 2 pair back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Michelin Pilot Activ are excellent tyres, I have them on a CBR1000 and a BMW R100RS.
Dunlop TT100GP look vintage and have a super sticky compound, I have them on a CB400F and have been very pleased with them, they're probably what I'll get once I get around to restoring my CB750K2.
I've had Pirelli Sport Demons on a BMW R100RS, a Guzzi Imola and a GTR1000, great on the Guzzi, pretty good on the BMW but flattened off in the centre quickly, the GTR1000 had too much weight and power and killed then pretty smartly, so a good tyre for lighter bikes I think. Plus they are bastards to fit, the bead seems too small.
Someone mentioned Bridgestone BT45's I have them on an RG250 and they're great, haven't tried them on a real bike.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i find customers like bridgestone bt45 over sport demons from the feedback i've had.
I was going to try the BT45s but they’ve been out of stock for a while in the sizes I need. (100/90-19 and 120/90 -18) So I just put another set of the Demons on. I never fail to have a sport bike or motard guy try to follow me through Deals Gap and tell me I shouldn’t be able to do that on that bike....with those tires.¯\(ツ)

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Currently I'm running Dunlop on my CB900F, but that's cause I couldn't afford the tires I really wanted. About 300 miles on them and no complaints so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts