Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely adore the type of this racer. only problem is that it is only 125cc and i'm looking for something more powerfull 250+cc

do you have any recommendations of bike to look at in a similar design?

the type is an archive cafe racer 125cc

thanks!
archivecaferacer125zwart_900x.png

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Well that one was mostly built in China and really there is absolutely nothing special about it, so it should be easy to find something similar with a 250cc engine. The only thing you might not beat is the price.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
the royal enfield continental GT is probably exactly what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Husqvarna Vitpilen 401.

There are quite a few above 550cc. Triumph, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Royal Enfield, BMW. Kawasaki and Honda make big bore retro's.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before here, but I'll ramble on again about it - I think the TU250 would be a great start for a project bike. Granted I've never ridden one, or even done much more than look at pictures of them, but for a guy who loves old Italian singles the TU seems like a great alternative to start with. I'll bet a guy could come up with a nice looking/running bike for a lot less cost than an old Ducati or whatever.

Ok, so I just Googled the specs and I like that's it's electric start and fuel injected, but 14hp and 326lbs is a bit of a let down. Hmm... that exhaust is probably pretty heavy. New Lithium battery. Aluminum rims converted to tubeless tires... and maybe I'm not so happy about electric starting anymore... but there is weight to be shed for sure. And power? There's got to be someone hot rodding theses things, it seems they're popular in other countires so SOMEONE has built one up.

Yep, TU250. I'm telling you guys, someone needs to get serious about modding one. I've got way too much time and money sunk into a still unfinished Ducati single to do it myself, so one of you guys needs to step up!

Now excuse me while I go check the usual places to see what used TU250s are selling for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are great bikes, I brought one new, tonly thogI changed was the mirrors for bar ends. Has good low end power for the twisty back roads and can cruise easily at 65.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about the typos but this field dosnt let me backspace. Compared to my CM185 and CB160 which are rated at about 16hp, the TU has more power and cruise

1 - 11 of 11 Posts