Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, finally picking up my CB350 this week. a 71 and also picking another one up in 2 weeks. :)

but i keep looking at pics of the current one, and notice all you guys are putting clip ons on the forks, but how do you remove those Ears/Tabs for the Headlight!? cut? or is it something that slips off?

stock

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa3dTzPEFFecEmFnMVlVHFxen0qgnkgE6oS4fgmwYCNpVmo-gScOFVQqvu0Q

after?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/HerrDeacon/MyBike/CB350/Project/clipOnsMockup.jpg

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
They will slip off once you remove the front forks. Just unbolt the triple tree fork clamp bolts and the front tubes will slide out. You sound like your a candidate to purchase a manual for this bike. I would recommend you look into that.

Let me give you a hint - if your asking questions like that...don't be surprised if you get beat up on this site. If your cool, you'll roll with it. If your a sensitive type your feelings will be hurt.

Good Luck

·
Registered
373 Posts
If its been sitting outside a while the fork tubes won't just slide out. PB Blaster and a rubber mallet is what I had to do to mine, was rusted....And you don't HAVE to run clip-ons. Superbike bars are good too, cheaper as well. If you're not gonna put rear-sets on, I wouldn't put clip-ons on it. With a little time and the all empowering google you can find a manual to download for free.

And to add to bmartin's comment, some questions seem really stupid (read "elementary") to a lot of guys around here, and most of those types of questions have been answered here a dozen times or more, so you might get a little "feedback" at first. Use the search function. Then if you can't find it, ask it. If you admit to being ignorant (and that does not mean being an idiot) about a particular subject and you really put forth the effort to learn about what you have and how/why it works and not just wanna look cool, you will get a lot better response.

But you will get hazed a little just for fun. Stick around, you'll learn something.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I remember you were talking about your 350 and an old ass norton maybe? Any updates? This the same bike?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES! wow holy crap you have a great memory. NEVER got my CB350 before b/c the guy NEVER told me the engine was dead and i mean dead. my Norton is in the shop as we speak to get tuned and finally have it ready. new paint job, etc. :)

its not sitting in my living room anymore =( but heck it was a good nice place to work on the bike

i have all the original parts on the bike, i just did not want to have a "muffled" sound so i left the muffler off and just left the exahust header on. cant wait to get it started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts