Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would introduce myself since another site was pissed at me for not doing it. I have been riding and wrenching since i was a kid. I have worked in machine shops and on fighter jets. I've returned from fighting ground wars in countries where everyone hated and wanted to kill me. Now I further my passion for building bikes and the cafe bikes really appeal to me. I work with a great bike mechanic who has more years building and racing than I've been alive. I'm not here to make fake internet friends that will never walk into my shop or twist a throttle next to me. I build bikes my way for my enjoyment but will do quality repairs for others. I have read the post it but do not completely agree with it. I think everyone should build what they want how they want cheap parts/ good parts, rusty or painted, safe or unsafe, cool or lame. Making mistakes is part of the lifestyle not being criticized by some guy on the Internets opinions about how to build your bike.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hell of an intro. Just know that we don't care if you want to hear it or not...we are going to call out shitty style based decisions. So if you can't handle that then this isn't the place for you. Do you have pods? Do you have low bars without rear sets? Did you remove your fenders? If yes to any of these you will get shit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I understand wont hurt my feelings. Pods do suck I've used them. Uncomfortable/ unstable ride because it looks cool (Cough!! Choppers). If I have a bike missing fenders its not finished but i will eats some road grime for a test ride.

·
Registered
23,291 Posts
I have read the post it but do not completely agree with it. I think everyone should build what they want how they want cheap parts/ good parts, rusty or painted, safe or unsafe, cool or lame. Making mistakes is part of the lifestyle not being criticized by some guy on the Internets opinions about how to build your bike.
well at least you are upfront about it. The fact you refer to it as a lifestyle creeps me out because the only people who have motorcycle lifestyles are posuers, shop owners, and 1%ers - the rest of us have full enjoyable lives and diverse interests and motorcycles just happen to be a facet.

If a person is a seasoned veteran to mechanical things....then I agree with you, do whatever the fuck you want youe earned it through road miles. Then again if you are that person, what do you need the internet for besides "fake internet friends"? Publicity? you are a bad publicist if you think a forum is your path to fame. If a person is a newbie I think there are certain experience milestones they need to hit and there is a certain amount of journeyman shit they need to take from seasoned veterans - it is just the way of the world and how it was done before there were even cellular phones let alone the magic squawk box thingy. This is mostly who you find on the internet - people that need direction whether they know it or not. Show me the forum where the Roland Sands of the world hang out ....I doubt it exists.

Come to VMD Mid-ohio, or any of the other vintage races coming in 2014. Introduce yourself to some of the regulars here in the pits. It's way better than "fake" friends. The only reason I ever joined this forum was so I could bullshit with guys I say maybe twice a year otherwise and now see even less. So...Welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts