Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on ya'll? Saw this site when surfing the net one day so i figure i would join! Little background... I am in my junior year at U. Cincinnati in engineering (hate life, yes i do). I have my hands in about everything; jeeps, sports cars (import/domestic), diesel trucks, and motorcycles. I have found though nothing puts a shit grin on my face like riding a motorcycle. I first bought on because of how much more gas efficient it was vs my jeeps and mustang...then i wanted to tinker with it, and now multiple bikes later it is offically in my blood! Here are some pictures of the bikes i have at the time. enjoy!

CB750K; first bike, rebuilding to be a cafe racer. I dont have an updated picture, but i am truing the rims now (HORRIBLE). Should be ready for riding season.

ZX11D; the fast bike. amazing something that weighs this much (610 lbs. wet weight) can run a 10.09!

1970 CL350 Scrambler; got this bike as something for around campus. this is the next one on the list to redo.

1966 CB450 Black Bomber; Needs total resotoration. Trying to get in contact with the owner 2 owners ago to get the orig gas tank and seat. When done, this will probably be my favorite bike!

1970's GT750 water buffalo. Basically just going to part this bike out. anyone needs parts let me know!

02 Speed triple i get to play with. VERY Soon to be added to collection.

1966 Honda CB450 Black Bomber
1970 CL350
1973ish GT750
1981 CB750K
1991 ZX11D

Edited by - shep on Jan 28 2008 3:49:48 PM

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
damn krap.....

you beat me to the punch, again.

welcome shep.....quite a stable you have, or a flock....perhaps.

i think you are gonna have fun on all of them, especially pinky!

the cb450 and the cl350 are some awesome platforms, for resto, or cafe.

how are the highpipes....solid, rotten, inbetween?

i was just in cincy for business two weeks ago.

stopped in to see the gang at j.d.'s performance ducati.

too bad i missed you (posted now) as i would have let you buy me a beer....(lol), no seriously, i would have let you buy me two or three.

see you around campus (caferacer.net...that is).

cheers,

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ahh yes pinky and WOW what a POS. It is a buddy of mines bike and i had to go threw the entire wiring harness. 1998 was the first year of fuel injection on the GSXR750's and they were plagued with problems. The thing was going crazy once it would warm up, it pointed to about everything that could go wrong with sensors on the SOB, so i got my fluke out and started to test around. Zuki's have always had problems with corriosion in the plugs and took the fairings off and found that the wires from the stator and rectifier were getting red hot and literally melting and the thing was not charging right so I kept testing and finally got a jumper wire from the ground past the plug and tada...no more problems. It was a little over filled with oil also, no shaving's from the bearings...changed the oil...now runs like a sculdded dog! It's a fully polished frame/wheels and has house of color pink paint. It's an eye catcher thats for sure. I think i am going to paint it for him a dark blue or something, but i haven't heard anything about it so who knows.

1970 CL350
1973ish GT750
1981 CB750K
1991 ZX11D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:
damn krap.....

you beat me to the punch, again.

welcome shep.....quite a stable you have, or a flock....perhaps.

i think you are gonna have fun on all of them, especially pinky!

the cb450 and the cl350 are some awesome platforms, for resto, or cafe.

how are the highpipes....solid, rotten, inbetween?

i was just in cincy for business two weeks ago.

stopped in to see the gang at j.d.'s performance ducati.

too bad i missed you (posted now) as i would have let you buy me a beer....(lol), no seriously, i would have let you buy me two or three.

see you around campus (caferacer.net...that is).

cheers,

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto
Hell yeah, i hope to have a good time with them, except that black bomber, i can see that being a huge money pit if i can't get that tank. Ah to bad ...i live 3 mins from JD performance, but i never cared for a bike that has more service needs than a Ferrari haha, never the less, very cool stuff! The pipes on the CL350 have surface rust and thats it so yes i defintly got lucky.
Shep

1970 CL350
1973ish GT750
1981 CB750K
1991 ZX11D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts