Cafe Racer Forum banner

New to the cafe scene... some questions

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  736cafe 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a '71 cb350 twin which I'm really excited about doing some cafe mods to. I'm not really sure where to start except that I am going to get a different bar and I'm going to do alot of cosmetic stuff. I'm going to paint it for sure, and I might do a new seat and tank. I guess I'm wondering where I can get a decent cafe tank and seat without paying too much money. I've found few sites that have some nice stuff but they never say whether it would fit my bike or not, and they never have prices.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the links. I have to find out how much those tanks cost from hansen. They look sweet. I hate working with fiberglass but if I can't afford the sweet alumn tanks then i guess i'll have to do it.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
How much work does it take to put one of those Hansen tanks on a cb350? It can't use the stock mounting system because its much longer, correct? From what I see from other bikes with tanks like this, it goes straight over the battery. Is that something that I should try to avoid? Logic tells me that might be a bit dangerous as battery acid, sparks, and gas don't mix very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.