Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If it was me I'd use red loctite on any and all fasteners associated with the exhaust system. Lube your chain every day. And I don't know if it applies to your phone but if mine can't find a signal it wears out the battery real fast. You may want to power down the phone when you start the ride in the morning so the battery is still there when you need it. And other than the spares already suggested you may really want to head geeto's advice about proper rain gear. And proper meaning motorcycle specific gear not walmart stuff. That crap will last about five miles. Sounds fun. Good luck.

Craig

·
Registered
854 Posts
Remember that with most rain gear your feet still are not covered. If there is anything the Army taght me its that you should always have a spare pair of socks. Foot rot can be nasty.

Also remember that you don't have that long of a range on your bike, so if you are thinking you can just blow past that gas station and hit the next, be confident that there is another gas station. You may go quite a ways with out being able to stop for gas.

Aside from that I hope you have a full face helmet and can squeeze a pair of shades under there.

Finally, bring a large variaty of zip ties and bungee cords with you.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Remember that with most rain gear your feet still are not covered. If there is anything the Army taght me its that you should always have a spare pair of socks. Foot rot can be nasty.

Also remember that you don't have that long of a range on your bike, so if you are thinking you can just blow past that gas station and hit the next, be confident that there is another gas station. You may go quite a ways with out being able to stop for gas.

Aside from that I hope you have a full face helmet and can squeeze a pair of shades under there.

Finally, bring a large variaty of zip ties and bungee cords with you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crazypj

don't rev it too hard or it will destroy cam bearings.
Be careful warming up not to use too much throttle/rpm
could you tell me a bit more on this? Interested in learning more about both higher revs and warm up. I have a 350f this would impact so wanted to make sure im not doing anything stupid.

·
Registered
65 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crazypj

don't rev it too hard or it will destroy cam bearings.
Be careful warming up not to use too much throttle/rpm
could you tell me a bit more on this? Interested in learning more about both higher revs and warm up. I have a 350f this would impact so wanted to make sure im not doing anything stupid.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
those bars are gong to be a killer without rearsets.
just take the bike apart and put it in the VW and drive....

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
those bars are gong to be a killer without rearsets.
just take the bike apart and put it in the VW and drive....

·
Registered
888 Posts
+1 on zipties. Also, water. Fill up a water bottle at every stop. You can get heat headaches real fast on open road black top.

Carry a good sized knife with you too... incase things get deliverence-y out there.

·
Registered
888 Posts
+1 on zipties. Also, water. Fill up a water bottle at every stop. You can get heat headaches real fast on open road black top.

Carry a good sized knife with you too... incase things get deliverence-y out there.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Before you go, lay out all the crap these guys have wisely told you to bring. Pick out the essentials, and leave the rest at home. Traveling light is better.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Before you go, lay out all the crap these guys have wisely told you to bring. Pick out the essentials, and leave the rest at home. Traveling light is better.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
+1 one the blade. or a small can of mace.

expect the best, prepare for the worst.

have a great trip.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
+1 one the blade. or a small can of mace.

expect the best, prepare for the worst.

have a great trip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey new to this forum. was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to pad a cafe seat. bought my first un-padded fiberglas mold and im struggling with finding a way to mount up some pads. some say mini-cell from home depot... any advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey new to this forum. was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to pad a cafe seat. bought my first un-padded fiberglas mold and im struggling with finding a way to mount up some pads. some say mini-cell from home depot... any advice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I will def. have a blade of some sorts on me i wouldnt want to get stranded out in a bad situation anywhere with no protection plus who knows when you need to cut into a steak haha. Thanks again to everyone who contributed with suggestions for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I will def. have a blade of some sorts on me i wouldnt want to get stranded out in a bad situation anywhere with no protection plus who knows when you need to cut into a steak haha. Thanks again to everyone who contributed with suggestions for me

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
and be careful pitching your tent on the side of the road when rain comes, really easy for a truck pulling off the road to not see you or a state trooper to take exceptional offense to your actions.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts