Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I'm new to the forum, so I thought I would say hey. I am just now getting into the cafe racer type of bikes, though I have been riding sport bikes for years now.

I just bought a benelli ward 250 riverside. It's in pretty rough shape and I just picked it up, so I haven't got much of a chance to look it over too much, but I'm very excited to get started on it. So if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Welcome.

There is a very active Wards Riverside yahoo group--check it out. Lots of guys on there with 250's.

Jack

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jack!

by yahoo group do you mean a group through yahoo.com, or is that a part of this forum?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Welcome,
Fill out your bio, it helps us help you. At a minimum, your location makes us feel better.

I don't think you will like the Riverside, so if you live close, you should just give it to me.

Ken

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Tony, in the US to go on a Bender is to get pretty drunk, and stay that way for a bit of time.

Bender, it is thru Yahoo.com. Something like wards_riverside motorcycles. Next time I am there I will copy the link and post it.

Someone on there just posted that they bought a Benelli 250 with 131 miles on it for $800 at the auctions at the Barber Museum..that was a deal.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A Wards 250? I hope you didn't pay more than $569 for it.

Of course, that may be an old ad.

Anyway. You'll never be able to make a cafe racer out of a bike that came from a department store.

Wait. Oh, never mind.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, thanks everyone! This is proving very helpfull!

I am going to get on the profile info here soon, and I will be checking out the yahoo group for sure.

Bender is what a few have called me for my weekend activities a while back, but that's another forum all together.

I bought this bike for 75 dollars. It's in pretty rough shape; locked up engine, missing a couple bolts (nogthing major) and no glass in the head or taillight. It's my first real in depth project. I've done some old dirt bikes, but they started in much better shape. I've been spraying the bolts down for a few nights now, and am going to continue for another week or so before I start. I'll get some pictures up soon!

Again thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
welcome! someone else can post the website to the company you should call for parts.....i still can't bear to do it, even though i saw the son of the founder the other day and we had a really nice chat.

ah hell, www.cosmotor.com or www.cosmopa.com or email: [email protected]

don't know what they have left, as they sold the building last year and moved to a smaller space in lansdale....but worth a shot!

after that.....i'm gonna go to the bar now and get on a bender!

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here is a pic I took in the dark, I have some others I'm working on getting up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol! yeah, it's quit a project, but I've always been a trail by fire kinda guy:) It's a labor of love anyway, just want to prove I can do it, plus I've got a bet with a friend going that say it will never run. Heck, maybe he's right, but if nothing else I'll figure a way to mount up some ridiculous engine just to win the bet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no kidding, do you go on any local forums? Just asking because i'm on one and was thinking it might be a small enough would where I may have met you or something?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well not exactly, but I will look into that. I was meaning swmosportbikes.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts