Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I came across this site while looking for information on the carbs for my bike. I love some of the work I've seen here and just thought I'd join in. My bike isn't exactly what I would call a Cafe bike, but I hope you won't hold that against me.

This thing started life as an orphaned SL175, then was attacked by the saws all and a welder.

By the way, can anyone here tell me how to tell the difference between the left and right carb slides on this bike?

·
Registered
241 Posts
When they're in right the narrow slot is located by the small tab inside the carb, the angled ramp cutout on the bottom is pointed out toward the idle screw and the cutout on the bottom of the slide is pointed toward the air filter.

Michael

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michael thanks for the info. I knew the cutout went to the rear, but with everyone warning me not to swap them I thought there was some other way to mix them up. Now if I can just get them tuned in.

Borzwazie, I have no idea what those megs are from. The guy who gave me the bike had them so I grabbed them up. This bike is the most obnoxious sounding thing you ever heard.

I'll ask this on tech also, but does anyone know if I can get these carbs rich enough to run velocity stacks and straight pipes without re-jetting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what it looked like the day I brought it home.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's pretty unique! How's it ride?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What little bit I have got to ride it, it seems to do okay.

I posted a picture on another forum and a guy said he would never ride a bike with that frontend and wouldn't even ride beside me on my bike. A little harsh I thought, but to each his own.

·
Registered
699 Posts
dont worry, people on other forums are pussies. you've come to the right place with that bike, looks like a freakin board tracker!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts