Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i cant afford it, but post it here 1st.

you guys, start saving your money, his cl350 is one of the nicest ive seen. and its a k0!!

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
44 Posts
If I could've found a non-S model like that used in my price range I probably would've bought that instead of my FZ6. But, now I love my FZ. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I currently ride a 2001. Naked w/ clipons. This weekend I'll be putting on a GSXR 600 front end as well as a ZX 636 shock. All pretty much direct bolt on. This is one I'll probably never get rid of.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You actually use the complete GSXR front end. It's a fairly common swap for the SV guys. The stock forks have no adjustably. You can add the 02' fork cap to gain spring preload but thats about it.

Where's your skinz????

·
Registered
141 Posts
the baby TL1000. I like to get a new SV1000. brings back the days of riding my old 98 TL1000S. smae v-tiwn power. better frame and suspension.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i ride on 03 SV650 K3 and absolutely love it. if you haven't been there yet, check out svrider.com, and they will help you greatly. the gsxr swap is a great move, but is not the only conversion you can do, and it's only as expensive as you are patient. you find a lot of ebay'd front ends, i picked up mine for about $300 sans wheel. i would recommend the '03 and up front end, as you get radially mounted four pot nissins (i believe) and the coating on the shocks is better. the earlier ones have that bizzaro titanium nitride coating, but it wears right off the sliders. also, look into rear shock upgrades. for example, i know for the second gen, the zx10 rear shocks swap right in, but i'm not sure on the older years.
i also have a 70 CL350K2, and i'm looking for some odds and ends if you have anything to get rid of...

·
Registered
154 Posts
That thing is totally unmolested. Great find. The blue ones are the fastest, too! I ended up with with an Elka rear shock and GSXR front end on my 01. I really wish I'd had them for the first 20k miles, since I'm not getting nearly as much street riding in these days. I figure I'll never get rid of it though, so they'll see the miles eventually. See you over at SVRider!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts